Hey! Did we get it?
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uhhhh no.  Did the whole bash the companies on line work?  Uhhhh no.  It's now 4-4-11 and no new system update.  At least not on my phone.  I just thought I'd check to see if some of those facebook protesters maybe got a secret window that I maybe missed out on since I didn't join in the revolution?

0 Likes
Re: Hey! Did we get it?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

They were successful in getting the boot. lol

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

True.  Not that I don't understand the pain of wanting to have the latest and greatest OS with the latest and greatest phones, but .....  Seriously?  that crap was never going to work.

Now it's "I want gingerbread".  When I look at devices across the market I notice more devices still run 2.1.  There are a few coming out with 2.2 but the percentages are still rather low.  Do you know if there are in fact any devices that are coming out now with the 2.3 or getting the update to 2.3?  I mean I am just curious is all. 

0 Likes
itzbob701

When I look at devices across the market I notice more devices still run 2.1.

Really?

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/android-2-2-now-used-on-63-9-percent-of-android-devices-04-04-2011/

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Holy buckets!  I remember seeing that graph now that you post it again.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  So I take it back!  About the 2.1 vs 2.2 percentages anyways. 

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

But wait, that is not necessarily true to case on units sold with stock OS. Right?  I mean that also includes devices that have been to the dentist as well.  So I would like to know if you have anything that is based on stock units sold and in use?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, it's been like that for a while now.  Believe the only devices in the US with 2.3 are the N1 and Nexus S (both google phones).  It's in the works for the Thunderbolt and a June-ish time frame is what they're aiming for.  Gingerbread is also in the works for the Droid X and Droid 2 as evidenced by the recent leaks.  Believe the Incredible 2 is rumored to launch with 2.3 but not sure about the other upcoming phones.

ladybell wrote:

But wait, that is not necessarily true to case on units sold with stock OS. Right?  I mean that also includes devices that have been to the dentist as well.  So I would like to know if you have anything that is based on stock units sold and in use?

yeah, it's based on the phones that accessed the market during a given time frame.  That said, I doubt the number of #&&*ed phones is going to be significant enough to change those numbers a whole lot.  The image below is interesting to look at .

http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html

0 Likes
itzbob701

I am pretty sure this includes devices sold with older OS's and upgraded. Probably also includes those who have been through oral surgery. I don't know the percentage of people who upgrade on their own but the consensus on droid forums dot net guesses the number in the 1-2% range at most.

Many would argue (myself included) that since many of the units running 2.2 were orginally shipped with older versions and upgraded our Fascinates should have been also.

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2
I'll Amen to that!
0 Likes
ajjohn25

i dont know y you guys are complaining so much bout 2.2... if you want it go get it itll only take bout 5 mins.. i got it and ill say it made the phone twice as fast actually faster then the overclocked droid x... so quit crying and do it

0 Likes