How 2 make weather radar animate or "loop" WITHOUT froyo and Flash 10?
Dukmiester2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I searched for this, but can't seem to find a soloution. What I need to be able to do is have ANY way

of displaying a weather radar in a "loop" or as some sites call it "animated".

I work in Florida, and outside a lot in the summer and need to be able to se an animated radar

to make some kind of call as to which way the rain will be going. I know this time of year there aint

much rain, but I  find  it very strange that ALL of my previuos phones going back aboout 6 or 7

years now have had this ability.

I have tried the skyfire browser, which supposedly has better flash plug ins than the stock Fascinate browser.

Sure, it plays some video that the stock browser could not, but so far NONE of the weather sites I have tried,

including the pre-installed accuweather, will display a time-lapse radar loop. They either have the big fat letter

"F" in the middle (which I assume means Flash Player is needed) or they just display a stattic radar image.

Any help or advice will be appreciated,

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How 2 make weather radar animate or "loop" WITHOUT froyo and Flash 10?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Try the weatherbug app, it has an animated loop radar feature and does not require flash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Okay, you said ANY help, so here goes.  You mentioned accu-weather.  I used weather channel app on my droid and it's been a long time but I definitely remember seeing moving radar.  They also have videos you can watch which i believe were mp4 as they played well. Won't hurt to experiment.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, and that was way before Froyo.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Try the weatherbug app, it has an animated loop radar feature and does not require flash.

0 Likes
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spring for the paid version Wetherbug Elite.  It's cheap and provides static or animated screen plus it will follow your location with you in the center.  I have used it for over a year.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

The free version of weatherbug has GPS location, weather radar looping and many other features.

0 Likes
Dukmiester2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, thank you!  This whole "look for an app" business instead of "look on the internet" is going to take some getting used to.

Fascinate is my first smart phone. The one before was a Samsung Delve which was a kind of hybrid between regular and smart phone.

I am one of the ones coming from Alltel to Vzw by the merger, and so far it has been an exceptional experience. I used to have to look on the browser to do a lot of the things I wanted to do, as the apps that were available for the Delve from Alltel's "App Shop" were pretty abysmal. Not that I have any regrets from Alltel, just never knew how much better Vzw was.

Anyhow, thanks to all who replied, I really appreciate it :manvery-happy:

0 Likes