How Do I Use Messenger+ On My Device?
BEVLUC1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did come up with another question about messager+ and messager and can't find last thread I typed in, so I'll just ask another question. In order to start a conversation in messager+ or messager do you first have to go into contacts or can there be an icon at top of messager+ and messager window to open contacts? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messenger+ contacts
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When using Verizon Messages, open the app and you can tap the pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen to start your message.  Then at the top of the screen you can either start typing the contact name in the To box or you can tap the Contact link to the far right of that To box.

When using Samsung's Message app, it's a similar process ... open the app and tap the pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen.  Then either start typing the contact name in the Enter Recipients box at the top of the screen or tap the Contact link to the far right of that Recipient box.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When using Verizon Messages, open the app and you can tap the pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen to start your message.  Then at the top of the screen you can either start typing the contact name in the To box or you can tap the Contact link to the far right of that To box.

When using Samsung's Message app, it's a similar process ... open the app and tap the pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen.  Then either start typing the contact name in the Enter Recipients box at the top of the screen or tap the Contact link to the far right of that Recipient box.

0 Likes
BEVLUC1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks that works, BUT, I have groups setup. Is there a way to navigate from the option you gave and then open the group folders? Thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option using Samsung's Message app is to start the text using the pencil icon, tap the Contact icon at the top of the screen, use the drop-down at the top to select Groups, then tap the desired group.

An option using Verizon Messages is to start the text with the pencil icon and then in the To box at the top of the screen, tap the name of the group.  You then should see options below that box showing similar contacts/groups and can tap the appropriate one you want to text.

0 Likes
BEVLUC1
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you say tap you mean type the first few letters? Fantastic. I have a group named Family, I get the first three letters typed and it brings up a list tthat says family and that is the group I want. Thanks a lot. I think I will change Family group to maybe aaFamily and maybe all I will have to do is type aa and it will show folder to click on. I want ed to take a hammer to this phone for the first couple of weeks, had a flip phone before, but things are starting to become easier. Thanks again for your help!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, that last reply had a typo.    In the second paragraph, it should read "type the name of the group".

Glad the instructions were helpful.

0 Likes
BEVLUC1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you maybe tell me about one of my groups. I had a group called "Conversation XXXX". I went into groups and clicked edit and changed the name. I have a group called "family", when I tried to change name of it , I click edit but the name "Family" is kind of faded out and it won't let me change it. What goes there? Thanks

0 Likes
BEVLUC1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm not real sure how I set it up but now; click on Contacts, Groups, Family, Edit, up in Group name, the Family is faded out, I want to change that to AFamily (so it will be at top of contacts), but because it's faded out it won't let me, I guess I need to go some where else to change but can't figure it out? Thanks

0 Likes