On text messages and email how can I do voice messages? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice to text
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean speaking into the phone and having it convert your speech to text - tap the micrphone on your keyboard to enable speech to text.

If you don't see a microphone, long press the buttons near the spacebar; depending on your specific keyboard, one should pop up with a microphone option.  Tap that, and it should allopw you to speak instead of type your messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you mean speaking into the phone and having it convert your speech to text - tap the micrphone on your keyboard to enable speech to text.

If you don't see a microphone, long press the buttons near the spacebar; depending on your specific keyboard, one should pop up with a microphone option.  Tap that, and it should allopw you to speak instead of type your messages.

0 Likes
Pandoraspets

On the Note 5 it's 2nd key over on the left of space bar. Long press on it till you see microphone option and then tap the mike

0 Likes
Daisy50

When I tap the microphone and speak, it records my voice and sends an audio file. How do I change that to convert speech to text?

0 Likes
chowse9202

I was having the same problem. Change your messenger app. Use the app that has 3 dots (implies conversation) then you will be able to use the little microphone to speak your text message.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes