How do I save pics directly to the external memory card?
lkt123

How can I automatically save the pics/video taken with the Fascinate to the external memory card?  How can I view what is saved to the external memory card?  So far everything is being saved to the internal memory.  I had an Env Touch, where I could designate where pics would be saved (internal or external memory).

0 Likes
Re: How do I save pics directly to the external memory card?
242gt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been wondering that myself...

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

On this phone it is automatically saved to the MicroSD card once you have it inserted. When you open up the camera it will be listed to the bottom where it will be saved.

0 Likes
cthole

Hello,

When I open my camara, the SD logo IS in the corner.  Any new photos I take, however, are still saved to the phone's internal memory.

To try and remedy this, I first found this site, which informed me how to manually move the photos over to the card.  While this is great for the short term, I don't want to have to do this all the time.

I then found this other site, which about a quarter of the way down the page (the paragraph starts with "alright, topic number two").  I pasted the relevant text below (images didn't paste in).  When I went through the process, however, and got to the part below, I found I didn't have the option of "tapping Phone and then tapping Memory Card".  The only things I can click on after clicking on the wrench are "guidelines", "review", "shutter sound", and "reset".

Relevant text:

Alright, topic number two. I was recently asked how to get the camera to store pictures on the microSD card and not on the phones internal memory. Well it’s a pretty simple process. First open up the camera app (I assume you can do that by yourself) Then tap on the tiny triangle and then the gear that comes up after it:

Now you’re going to want to tap the wrench and then scroll down:

Then it’s simply a matter of tapping Phone and then tapping Memory Card. And volia! Now your pictures (and your videos) will automatically be stored on your microSD card.

I'm frustrated...this really should be a simple process here.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

I'd also like to know how to do this. I tend to keep everything I can on the external and I'm usually pretty good about figuring things like this out but can't find the answer.

Only my second day with the phone, still got a lot of learning to do.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Unless I am mistaken, is not the file in the apps section called "My Files" the information saved on the SD Card?  When you go into that app, and then to "DCIM" then "Camera," your pictures show up.  When you look at the top of the screen, it says "SD Card," so that would seem to indicate that the pictures are automatically saved on your SD Card.

If I am incorrect about the "My Files" folder, please post, as I have been under the impression that is where you access your SD Card files, just like the "My Computer" icon on a computer.

0 Likes
monwarsec99
Contributor - Level 1

I just looked at the file you mentioned on my phone and just above where the picture is at the top of the screen in small print is /sdcard. Hadn't been to that screen before so thanks!

Day 3 still learning.

0 Likes
kaetheb

Create a folder on the SD card

1. Open My Files. (After you do, at the very top right in tiny letters in the blue border you should see "/sdcard/".)

2. Click Create Folder.

3. Enter a folder name (I created "pictures") and click Okay.

Set the default location

1. Open My Files

2. Open the DCIM folder

3. Open Camera

4. Click the Settings button on the phone at the very bottom left.

5. From the pop-up menu, press More.

6. Scroll down and click Settings.

7. Click Set Home directory.

8. Choose your new 'pictures' folder, and click Set as home.
When you add pictures, you should see them in the new folder in your gallery. (It worked for me.) I also use this folder location to transfer photos from my PC to my Fascinate.
0 Likes