How do I stop apps from rearranging?
St3v3
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I updated to Froyo my apps rearranged themselves. I'm told that's normal - OK. Recently though my phone put itself into Safe Mode. A reboot solved the problem, but my apps were rearranged. Since then I have several apps that alphabetically rearrange themselves. I move them, continue working, reboot. Then later I find them back where I don't want them.

First - how do I make my apps stay put? And, Second - is there an 'app order file' I can copy so when it happens again I can copy it over the new one and put my apps back the way I arranged them? Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop apps from rearranging?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

St3v3 wrote:

When I updated to Froyo my apps rearranged themselves. I'm told that's normal - OK. Recently though my phone put itself into Safe Mode. A reboot solved the problem, but my apps were rearranged. Since then I have several apps that alphabetically rearrange themselves. I move them, continue working, reboot. Then later I find them back where I don't want them.

First - how do I make my apps stay put? And, Second - is there an 'app order file' I can copy so when it happens again I can copy it over the new one and put my apps back the way I arranged them? Thanks for any help.

Hi St3v3,

Thank you for your inquiry. The device's launcher would not permit the Apps to be arranged alphabetically to make them stay in a certain app order. There are a few Apps that you may look into that could help you out.  You may want to try something like ADW Launcher or LauncherPro or you can check the Android Market for similar Apps. Applications like these are used by others and can be user friendly in not consuming much time in finding where your applications are located. I hope this suggestion helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop apps from rearranging?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

St3v3 wrote:

Hi St3v3,

Thank you for your inquiry. The device's launcher would not permit the Apps to be arranged alphabetically to make them stay in a certain app order. There are a few Apps that you may look into that could help you out.  You may want to try something like ADW Launcher or LauncherPro or you can check the Android Market for similar Apps. Applications like these are used by others and can be user friendly in not consuming much time in finding where your applications are located. I hope this suggestion helps. 

0 Likes