How do I sync my computer calendar with my phone calendar?
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Additions to the computer calendar appear on the phone calendar.  Additions to the phone calendar do not appear on the computer calendar.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I sync computer calendar to phone calendar
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the calendar application and start creating a new event. There is an option (usually at the top) telling you where and which calendar the event will be saved to. It needs to say your Gmail account and not "my calendar" to save it in the Gmail/Google calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone, and which calendar?  Is the calendar you are using on the computer set as the default calendar on the phone?

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S5 ... Google calendar ... not sure how a default calendar is set. 

I am using only the Google calendar set up on my computer a long time ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries bhs67! We've got the answers you need. You can check your active calendars on your S5 by going into Calendar>pressing the dots>selecting Calendars. Each Calendar type will be color coded. You want to ensure that when you add a new calendar entry, you're checking the top of the screen to see which of the Calendars are displayed as your default (in your device the default may be set to the Samsung Calendar) to save entries to. You can click on the Calendar listed when Adding a new event and change it before hitting Save if the desired calendar you need to sync isn't appearing.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calendar -> three dots -> Calendars -> displays

All Calendars

My Calendars [checked]

My tasks

My task [not checked]

{email adr}

{email adr} [checked]

Birthdays

Contact's birthdays [not checked]

Is anything incorrect with these settings?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to be sure to select your Google account as the location where you save the events created on the phone. If you create the event in the "phone" calendar, it will not sync with the Google Calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what you mean.  What specific steps should I take?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the calendar application and start creating a new event. There is an option (usually at the top) telling you where and which calendar the event will be saved to. It needs to say your Gmail account and not "my calendar" to save it in the Gmail/Google calendar.

0 Likes
bhs67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, it worked.  How do I delete "My Calendar"? ... I want it to go to always go my gmail calendar.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you create one event on the phone for the Google Calendar, it usually defaults to the Google account as the default place to save new events. If it doesn't, you have to manually select the right account to save to.

0 Likes