How do I update to Gingerbread
jjeaneleeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My fascinate never got the push for the update.  Now, its no longer available or at least my phone doesn't detect it. One Verizon rep said my signal and reception would be improved if I updated because I am having trouble accessing the towers and getting a signal unless I'm on open highway. Also my phone is very slow.  Another rep tried to help but he said there was no push...until I directed him to the Verizon webpage with instructions on downloading gingerbread.  He then sent to to Samsung but their rep said, "We'd like to help but Verizon only allows proprietary over air updates so we literally can't do anything." She told me that's why my attempt at using KIES did not work.  Why the hell would the Verizon rep send me to Samsung? 

Anyway if any real people have any idea where I would hard download the update without rooting my phone I would appreciate it!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I update to Gingerbread
jjeaneleeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I researched for the second day in a row and for you Fascinate Owners who want a better signal and better performance here it is

update to Gingerbread build 2.3.5

<< Link removed  to comply with .  Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the Verizon Wireless Community, would constitute a violation of the Terms, posts that describe how to violate any Verizon Wireless or Verizon Wireless policy or term or condition are considered unacceptable will have the offensive language deleted, and posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.  >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jjeaneleeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I researched for the second day in a row and for you Fascinate Owners who want a better signal and better performance here it is

update to Gingerbread build 2.3.5

<< Link removed  to comply with .  Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the Verizon Wireless Community, would constitute a violation of the Terms, posts that describe how to violate any Verizon Wireless or Verizon Wireless policy or term or condition are considered unacceptable will have the offensive language deleted, and posts that discuss hacking and/or rooting a wireless device from any carrier will be removed.  >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jjeaneleeman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats,nice considering Verizon stopped providing the update and my phone

signal and performance was almost non existent. I never wanted to root my

phone but I was told by your customer service my option was to buy a new

phone or get the update from samsung. Samsung told me verizon did not

allow them to help me. Extremely poor customer service and 6 months of poor

reception because my phone never got the update that your sight still

claims to provide but does not.