How do I use a MyVerizon ringtone I received in the form of a txt message? The long touch method on the media does not work, btw.
furinkaza

I purchased a ringtone on My Verizon via my computer. They sent me txt message with the media but I can't figure out how to save it as a ringtone. The long touch method doesn't work. It's not anywhere in my media files, and frankly I just joined verizon but they have proven a bit difficult. On thin ice already, this isn't helping.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How do I use a MyVerizon ringtone I received in the form of a txt message? The long touch method on the media does not work, btw.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you managed to save it to your phone?  If so, download a file explorer app (like Estrongs file explorer) from the Play Store.  Open up the file explorer app and navigate to the "Download" folder.  Scroll through your downloads to locate the ringtone file.  Select it and use the file explorer's copy or cut function to put the ringtone file in the clipboard.  Back out of the "download" folder to the "sdcard" level.  Then look for a "ringtones" folder.  Select it to open it and view the contents.  Using the file explorer, paste the ringtone file to that folder.  Back out of the file explorer app.  The ringtone will now be available in the "phone ringtone" selection list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: How do I use a MyVerizon ringtone I received in the form of a txt message? The long touch method on the media does not work, btw.
furinkaza

That's an awful lot for something that should be far more simple. Booooooo Verizon! I'll download it from iTunes for $1 and convert it myself.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It takes me less than a minute with that method to assign a new ringtone on my Nexus or Thunderbolt.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
furinkaza

I bet. But it's$1.99 cheaper my way and just as fast.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I have saved myself $2.99 per ringtone (10-20 of them) for two years across two carriers. I haven't purchased a ringtone in that time. I have also created my own ringtones from my own music and used the same method to assign the tones.

There are also several websites where you can download ringtones without paying itunes or any other place for a ringtone.

0 Likes