How long can I wait to return note 7?
OBrienClan17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to wait for the LG v20 to come out so I can exchange for that since there are no good phones to replace the note 7.  I hate iPhones & I'm not losing my upgrade to take a step down to the s7, when in 6 to 8 months, the next generation will come out.

How long can I wait?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
36 Replies
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just saw that ATT still has the s7 edge with the annual upgrade feature if you do their next program. The same price you would be paying Verizon for the next 2 years if you go that route, except you can upgrade earlier. Come on Verizon you got to do better.

jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can appreciate wanting to be sure you get the best option for your next device, gatorsrise7. There’s always the option with the device payment program to pay off the device 100% to make the phone your device to do what you wish (keep or trade or sell). https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs With this in mind, you can then participate in any of the promotional trade in offers through www.vzw.com/tradein and trade your device towards the purchase of your next phone to help lower the cost of the next device you select. Promotional offers do change on a regular basis as well, so keep your eyes on https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/?lid=sayt&sayt=Annual for any change to the annual upgrade program as well.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

In what world are the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge even remotely easily comparable phones? If that's the case, why did samsung even come out with the note 7.....the only thing comparable on those phones are the number 7's. That is literally the only thing aside from the samsung name, that these phones have in common.

And i completely agree, I get it, y'all are more then willing to do preorders for the pixel.....great, but most of us don't want pixels, most of us at the very least want a phone with expandable memory and a camera that at least comes close to the quality of the note7.  Why not go ahead and release the preorder for the LG v20, which clearly seems to be a winner with most note7 owners, as far as being an acceptable option. If y'all don't than it is rather apparent, that no, Verizon does not care about what it's customers have to say, plain and simple. You keep telling us that you care, well if you care, than listen!! It is a rather lost art, but it seems the other cell companies are willing to do so. Being that this "samsung" hiccup will be leaving me with a do over on my contract, and it just so happening that now all of my lines will be out of contract, come the 28th , when the LG v20 will be available with other companies (or even before, since they're allowing preorders), I will be switching. If you can't be expected to listen to your customers, than don't expect customers that have been loyal to your company for years and years, over price hikes and data crushing numbers, to stay loyal any longer either. Believe me, those that want the pixel, are in the preorders......those that aren't happy with the pixels specs, are aiming for the LG v20.

GRETHO12
Enthusiast - Level 3

VERY WELL SAID prplrush!!! My exact feelings. Get the LG V20 preorderable and quit send links to old phones we could have chosen before the Note 7

rcschnoor
Legend

prplrush wrote:

Believe me, those that want the pixel, are in the preorders......those that aren't happy with the pixels specs, are aiming for the LG v20.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I WANT the Pixel but I wouldn't even consider pre-ordering it. I like to see what I am purchasing before making that purchase. A photo and a list of specs does not do the job. There are PLENTY of people who do not pre-order phones. Waiting 2 weeks until it is actually released before ordering a phone is not that much of a hardship. I would NEVER consider a pre-order even for a phone I WANT.

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suggest everyone call Verizon as it is apparent that Verizon is not mot willing to help there customers. I have spoke with Verizon and have told them what Verizon is doing with our upgrade status and the fact that they are putting the blame for the upgrade status on Samsung. They are going to look into a resolution and follow up. Everyone please give them a call. If the prerecorded message says note 7 recall info respond with no. Ask for customer service for device tech support. Only way to get a live person on the phone. Verizon isn't going to fight for us so Let's do it ourself.

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm fighting with Verizon on this exact point, I used my upgrade to get the note 7, now I have to get a lesser phone...downgrade. I don't mind paying the monthly payments for a note 5 or s7edge, but to reset my contract to another 2 years is crazy...let me have my old contract reset like before I got the note 7, so that I can upgrade when another phone comes out with out having to pay out the [Removed]...

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

sutterboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree I do not want a galaxy s7 or any other phone that is out. I also do not have a extra 800 dollar phone laying around to use while i wait for the LG to come out. On another note we lose our annual Upgrade if we get the s7 ah so that means we will be stuck with a phone we never wanted for two years or be forced to pay it off early......

SHAGGS77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too want to exchange my Note 7 for the V20, but Verizon has yet to put out a release date or start pre-orders. Other carriers have already started pre-orders.

0 Likes
samelectrico
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im joining your team. Verizon has offered an exchange for a lesser quality phone and no compensation and no refund. I too will wait for the LG V20

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you have a previously used device laying around, or a family or friend does you can simply return the Note 7, your contract should go back to as it was; upgrade eligible and when a phones comes out you want, purchase that.

If you'd be satisfied with a $20 flip phone, you can find many options online. Swappa.com is a good place to start, or craigslist (I picked up an LG G3 in pristine condition for $110) and since someone else already ate the depreciation, you should be able to buy and sell it for around the same cost (assuming it's in the same condition.) It's certainly not ideal, requires more work on your part and is absurdly inconvenient, but it's a way to make lemonade when all you got were lemons.

kapp1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with ObrienClan17, I purchased the Note7 as well and I expect a replacement phone with the same advanced technology such as the LGv20 without having to restart my contract. Verizon needs to step up to the plate here and show it's customers they have their backs. You can't expect me to pay a phone contract for a phone that, one I don't want, and two that does not have same features. If Verizon makes it's  customers trade in for a lesser phone then Verizon should take back the phone and the contract.

AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your desire for a particular device, Kapp1985. Our valued customers’ safety is our number one priority. We are now allowing our customers with a Note 7 to upgrade to any of our currently available Smartphones. Please see details at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kapp1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've looked at the phones in the list just as RKight did and Verizon really needs to wake up here and take care of it's customers. I'm not an iPhone fan and the Android phones in the list just don't make me want to have a two year contract for a phone that I'm being pushed into choosing. I'd rather return my note7 ending my contract to allow me to choose a phone later down the road rather then be pushed into a phone I don't want for 2 long years...

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

The problem many people are having is that it is being considered an UPGRADE when you are actually being forced to DOWNGRADE to a lesser phone because you have nothing comparable to the Note 7 in price or specs.

diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are SPOT ON, giving the current inventory Verizon has, this is nothing but a D*** downgrade. You want to take my sports car and give me a family sedan to replace it and expect me to be happy. If I can't wait for the v20, I'll take my $280 a month to another carrier and see if they would appreciate it more than you obviously do.

adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

Diredup, this is not at all how we want you to feel. I do want to help you with all your options so you can stay. I apologize but at this time, we do not have any info on the LG  V20 at this time. You can check out our lineup of devices here Cell Phones & Smartphones - Compare Cell Phones | Verizon Wireless . Please let us know if you have any questions about other devices.

0 Likes
RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also fully agree with ObrienClan17.  At this point, the options just aren't there.  I mean, I can go with the Moto Z with its overpriced accessories that I'll never use.  I could go with a Galaxy S7 Edge, which is almost as expensive as the Note 7 while having half the storage space.  I could go with the overpriced and unimpressive Pixel XL, which does not include an SD slot.  I could go with any of the outdated "cheap" phones.  Or, Verizon can allow me to hold off long enough to get the V20, which is really the ONLY phone I find to be a suitable replacement for my Note 7.  Worst case scenario, I haven't been under contract for some time now.  My phone payment was literally the only thing tying me to Verizon.  I have no problem with just getting a refund and looking at other carriers or even just getting a prepaid phone until the V20 comes out.

stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We don’t want to see you leave RKight. We want you to have a safe and reliable phone. You can certainly return your phone and wait for a newer device to be released. Manufacturers are always coming up with new phones and we’re excited to see what’s next.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

OBrienClan17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

I have shopped online through the link you provided.  No other phone is better than the note 7, in my opinion.  The only other phone I would be satisfied with is the LG v20. That is the perfect phone that can be put in my hands.

I refuse to settle for a lesser phone, which are the only options on your website.  If you are trying to satisfy my need, then allow me to pre-order the lgv20 and give me a loaner phone until it arrives so I am not at risk using the note7 while I await delivery of the LG V20.

A non-negotiable in my book is the need for a phone that can support expandable memory of 256gb via micro sd.  And I'm not buying a crappy Motorola.

I'll even use a $20 flip phone until the LG v20 comes out if that's what it takes.  But I refuse to start paying for a phone that is inferior to the note 7 that I upgraded and traded in my note 4 for (wish I didn't get rid of my note 4).