How to Voice to Text Swearing?
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

I there a way to make phone use swear words when using Voice to Text? I had the Droid 2 and it had option where the text wasn't filtered and can not find that on Fascinate. When I use swear word it just replaces letters with ####### signs for each letter.

0 Likes
Re: How to Voice to Text Swearing?
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Given that your speech is streamed as data packs and sent back as text (meaning that you can't use this if you don't have data reception or should limit it if you don't have unlimited data), I think that they're controlling what can be typed using this feature.

There are some apps out there that will allow you to unfilter the curse words, but this happens because your data travels to their servers (and not Verizon's).  I'm using an app called Vlingo which essentially acts as a personal assistant for me (allowing me to say what I want texted to whom and pressing send after I approve it or telling it who I want to call and pressing call when I'm ready to talk).  They state that there are some features that might cost money (like direct call), but I haven't encountered an issue yet.  There likely are other apps out there, too, that will allow you to unfilter those words.  btw, Vlingo wouldn't be good to use, say, if you were trying to talk-to-type a novel on your phone.  In that case, you may be stuck with the current option.

Anyway, good luck with that.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Great idea, Frank.  Now all the people that are upset about 2.2 can add this to their phone, lol, then text Verizon and samsung.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

bigfrank69 wrote:

I there a way to make phone use swear words when using Voice to Text? I had the Droid 2 and it had option where the text wasn't filtered and can not find that on Fascinate. When I use swear word it just replaces letters with ####### signs for each letter.

I can with my fascinate now that I have froyo. so:

1. get froyo

2. go into settings, voice input and output

3. you then need to go to text to speech settings and voice recognition settings seperately and change the settings appropriately.

now you can do as you please.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 so where do I get Froyo? Then I guess I can do what you say. Thanks

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

If his avatar is any indication, Canada received the Froyo upgrade late December.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

10sEn wrote:

If his avatar is any indication, Canada received the Froyo upgrade late December.

Froyo is out there for the Fascinate also, just not from verizon. :smileywink:

0 Likes