How to cancel Disney Plus?!
AishaPr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to cancel this service for days now.  I have started charts in the app, Twitter,  customer service,  Disney and to no avail.  I keep getting an error msg "we have encountered an error,  please try again later". My vzw app is up to date,  my version of my phone is up to date.  Twitter vz started they created a ticket.  Haven't heard from anyone yet.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to cancel Disney Plus?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to be able to manage your services. If a ticket has been created this means our internal IT is working on it. It will take about 3-5 business days for a resolution. This is going to be the fix you need to cancel the Disney+ services.

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
milehiguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're not the only one.  My Disney+ 6-month free trial is scheduled to renew today (6/2) and I've been trying to cancel it for 2-3 days now.  I was able to successfully cancel my Discovery+ free trial.  However, under the "My apps and add-ons" screen, Disney+ doesn't even appear, therefore I cannot cancel it.  Was on an online chat via My Verizon website yesterday for about 30 minutes and the agent said that the problem would be addressed and not to worry (i.e. I would not be charged).  Checked again just now and Disney+ still doesn't appear under "My apps", nor does it appear under "All apps".  Note that this is not the Disney+ Bundle I'm referring to, just Disney+.  Verizon website developers really need to get on this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

milehiguy, thanks for reaching out to us about this via this platform. I totally understand how you feel. The last thing I want is for you pay for something you do not want. Have you tried reaching out to Disney? Please keep in mind that we are not able to remove that feature for you, it has to be done by the customer. -Dia

0 Likes
milehiguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dia - I haven't reached out to Disney because I didn't signup for the 6-month promotion via Disney, I signed up for Disney+ on Verizon's website!  I signed up for the Discovery+ promotion the same day (6 months ago) and a couple days ago I WAS able cancel the Discovery+ service.  In other words, Discovery+ showed up on your website (under "My apps and add-ons") and Disney+ still doesn't (it has previously).  Disney probably knows nothing about this 6-month free promotion.  As of now, I have no clue as to whether or not I'm going to be charged for the month of June.  Others seem to be having the same problem.  Can't this issue be elevated to a manager or supervisor or someone?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, and we value your time. Kindly use the following link to attempt to cancel. What happens?

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228797/

-Arya

0 Likes