Re: How to downgrade from Pie?
chadly10
Enthusiast - Level 2

DanielleR_VZW-- I have reached out and they referred me back to you as it started with Pie so there's the common denomiator. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you contacting us again Chadly10. I want to help as much as I can. Before we continue I do want to make sure that I clarify a few things first. Is your device able to make and receive phone calls and text? Are you able to use the data on your device?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
scotty2541
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chadly10,

Here they go again with their "crack support team"...  Can you make calls?  Have you rebooted?  Have you reinstalled?  Have you done a factory reset?  Duh...  Nothing but empty scripts...

Unfortunately, I believe the solution to your problem will actually be going back to the people who created the app and telling them that there are changes to Android 9 (PIE) which their app cannot handle.  (I know... I had an app die on an upgrade, and had to code a way around it in a rush fix)

I have only one "real" idea...  have you checked the permission settings to see if they got erased, or if there is some NEW permission that the app needs?

Whatever changes were made by Google (they love updating stuff and breaking backward compatibility, and not making the information prominent...) have clearly resulted in some API or function or access being disabled because of paranoid security.

Verizon can't fix their app.  And the manufacturer can't fix it either.  Sorry.

Google should put out a massive bulletin that says:  "In this next version, using the following APIs or accessing the following resources will be disabled.... and a list.  But they don't...  Android app developers just have to trip over those things and land on their face.

Verizon should have given their customers the option of updating, rather than blindly breaking a large percentage of their customers, and not giving a care about it.

-Scott

Annoyed user that I am the product being sold to Google, Android, Kyocera, etc. When I was the one who paid for the device.
0 Likes