How to set number of rings before calls go to voicemail
Wsmith60

My new S9 seems to ring constantly unless I swipe decline before it will send a call to voicemail. My S7 would ring 4 times then send to voicemail. I can't find a setting that will allow me to change that on the S9. Is there a work around that's not listed?

TIA

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to set number of rings before calls go to voicemail
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's set by the system at roughly 30 seconds.  Sometimes using a different ringtone helps.

Wsmith60

Wow, that's way to long! Need to change that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are others who would disagree with you on that. They think the number of rings/time before going to voicemail is too short.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only other option is to activate Do Not Disturb on the phone. That will send calls straight to voicemail.

0 Likes
Wsmith60

That's why we should be able to change it individually instead of a preset

time set by someone who doesn't have a clue what we are doing with the

phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wsmith60, our voicemail service is preset to answer after 30 seconds, if this isn't happening, then we have to verify that it is set up correctly. Please dial *86 to see if your  line is provisioned correctly, and if it's not set up, just follow the prompts to do so.

StephannieP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CV7

I agree. 30 seconds is to long for my needs. I recently switched my house number to new verzon line on my account. I use a cell phone now to handle incoming calls to my house number. But I when I get "call one" announcements from school or the doctor and they are not recorded because the phone rings too long.

0 Likes
CV7

If I use "Do Not Disturb" or leave the phone off so the call goes straight to voaicemal, then I can't monitor incoming calls in real time, I may want to answer it!

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Wsmith60, our voicemail service is preset to answer after 30 seconds, if this isn't happening, then we have to verify that it is set up correctly. Please dial *86 to see if your  line is provisioned correctly, and if it's not set up, just follow the prompts to do so.

StephannieP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JediBeavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it not possible to change this 30 second default? I'd like mine set to 10 seconds.