Re: How to stop the auto highlighting of key words/phrases when typing a text message?
VTavakoli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried disabling the smart emoji function and it does not change the fact that words are highlighted. It's very frustrating because it interferes with the ability to move the cursor through a message. I have to delete a highlighted word to make changes to a word either before or after the highlighted word. I wasn't even aware that people receiving my messages may see underlined words or even links. Someone needs to come up with a a solution that actually works. 

Re: How to stop the auto highlighting of key words/phrases when typing a text message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your Message+ service is working the way it should VTavakoli. We are happy to help. What model phone are you using? Are there any updates available for your Message+ app? Can you clarify what links people are seeing in your messages?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
bagelbaker2

I followed every suggestion online to get rid of this annoying feature and yet, it is still there! I hate it! I tried resetting my phone, updating my phone turned off smart emoji, everything I've been told. There is some glitch in this phone cuz it won't go away!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bagelbaker2,

We want to be sure that we are on the same page, this way we can best assist. What tricks have you tried? Is your application up to date?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
SteveinTU

I love how Verizon's response is the same over and over again 'give detail' 'tell us what you did' and never HOW TO TURN IT OFF

WAKEUP VERIZON

TURN-OFF auto-emoji by default and TURN OFF this stupid auto-highliting!  Who finds this function useful?  14 year olds that like to send pig emojis when I am trying to put in the name of a company?

Seriously, this is one of the stupidest function ever.  It should be something you OPT IN on, not out of.

I seriously am considering never again using a Verizon rooted phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SteveinTU, getting the assistance needed is our priority. Please share with me what model phone are we working with?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
KateAA

Disabling smart emojis used to work but it is grayed out. So it is no longer a solution. This started again with the most recent update. Very annoying Verizon. Please fix!!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Not sure what phones you all are using, but I can turn it off on my S7 by doing the following

1. Tap settings

2. Select general management

3. Select language Input

4. Select keyboards then select on-screen keyboard

5. Select Samsung keyboard

6. Select smart typing

7. Select Predictive text, turn it off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your frustration with the auto highlighting of keywords/ phrases in your text messages, KateAA. To ensure we provide correct directions, can you verify what make and model phone you are using? What software version are you running? 

0 Likes
MargotW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was getting highlighted words. I went to Settings. Then to Conversations.  Then to enable Smart Emojis. It was off! So I turned it on. Went back and created a text - which highlighted words automatically. I deleted the text. Went back to Settings, Conversations and disabled Smart Emojis. Went back to create a text and words were no longer highlighted!!! Yay! Seems it had turned itself on even though it was set to off. By my turning it on, writing a text, then going back & turning it off, it reset itself and is truly OFF!