I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE AGAIN. NEVERRRRR......
notgoodenough
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with VERIZON for so many years now. I am happy with the service they provide. They're pretty good with having signal almost everywhere I go. But this Froyo update for the FASCINATE thing has been going on for so long. It is very upsetting. You read all the post online. Some are good and some really idiotic. Like people defending Verizon, saying Verizon never said anything about giving an update. It was there sales representative... trying to make a sale that made the promise. First of all... these sales representative represent VERIZON. That's why they are representatives. Second, be that as it may that Verizon never said anything about an update... why not post here at your own website and answer our question. It is your own website for goodness sakes... It is your own Verizon community. Just say the word and answer our simple question. Is there going to be an update or not? We deserve better. And by answering our question... we as customer can make our decision whether to drop the SAMSUNG brand altogether or if we should go to another network.

Alot has been said that it is taking awhile because of all the bloatware that Verizon is trying to put on the phone. I don't really care about that technical stuff. Just be honest with us and tell us if there is going to be an update or not.

I do think Fascinate is an OK phone. Another not so intelligent customer said that we should be happy since the Fascinate is doing a good job because it is working as it is suppose to when we can receive and send text and phone calls. If that is all I wanted I wouldn't get a smartphone. I would have bought a dumbphone which is a lot cheaper. We us customers are not asking alot. Just a little bit of honesty

Updates are important. In this technological age... alot of the electronic gadgets we have can be updated quite easily. If Samsung's hardware and there software can't be updated... that's fine with me. At least I will know and when I do purchase another smartphone... I will know for sure to scratch this on the list.

To those customers who are disappointed... spread the word. Good thing about technology is we can tell everyone how we feel about a product. Tell your friends. I'm not sure who to blame is whether it's VERIZON or SAMSUNG... but verizon on their own website are keeping us hanging. Being a good paying customer I think I deserve better. I hope Verizon remembers that we are not just numbers... we are people who deserve better.

Re: I WILL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE AGAIN. NEVERRRRR......
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

may i ask what is so important in the update you must have it?

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I'm not angry about the lack of OS support from Samsung/Verizon although I will admit to being somewhat frustrated.

The last major update, DL09, hosed the battery life of my Fascinate. With what is regular usage for me it went from slightly over 4 days between charges to about 2 days. I read on a forum somewhere that the increased drain could be due to apps having better access to their respective data sources because of DL09 so I have either turned off app data updates or reduced their frequency to the bare minimum that I can tolerate. This has had almost no effect on battery usage.

On other forums I have read that the Fascinate running custom versions of Froyo have experienced better, sometimes dramatically better, management of battery life.

My phone is still under warranty so I have not (that which we cannot speak of) it. So...in that respect I really want Froyo to be released...that plus the geek in me always wanting the latest and greatest version of whatever software I am using.

0 Likes
fishmstr1

No you may not.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

your on dl09?  go to ea28

the only battery issues i have i have traced to weatherbug, it sometimes gets stuck, a reboot fixes that

otherwise i can go 2 days easy, but i still recharge each night

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I'm running ea28, no obvious effect on the battery.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you all act like samsung is so terrible. htc released the eris ~november 2009, it didn't have 2.1 until may 14th the following year. the fascinate has gotten numerous updates since it was released, and it's still under the 6 month it took htc to release a new os. so, stop complaining.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

@M91-30

Maybe it is enough for defending the big corporates and look at this problem from consumer point of view. WE'RE ALL BEING LIED! 

Enough is kissing Verizon and Samsung {word filter avoidance} they won't cut you any good deal only because you are defending them.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

papa_leo wrote:

@M91-30

Maybe it is enough for defending the big corporates and look at this problem from consumer point of view. WE'RE ALL BEING LIED TO

Enough is kissing Verizon and Samsung {word filter avoidance}, they won't cut you any good deal only because you are defending them.

fixed.

and I'm not kissing anything, you need to look at all the factors, instead of just complaining.

1. there are a LOT of differences between the phones in the line.

2. some have touchwiz, others don't, and there are two  versions of touchwiz used in the line.

3. manufacturers have taken his long, and longer to release significant updates. and how can people use how long froyo hasbeen out? the phone is only 5 months old. you can't develop an os for a phone and launcer that aren't out, yet.

4. it takes time for them to do testing to make sure the release is stable, and works.

there has been froyo for this phone for weeks. if you have to have it, it's there for the taking.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am always telling my team "When you want something to get done, you are looking for possibilities. If not, you are looking for excuses". 

Verzion now does exactly that...looking for excuses not to release the next OS for Fascinate or any any other update to any of its Droid phones.

I don't want to sound nuts with all of the conspiracy ideas but about something outside the box...

Verzion is trying to gain market share with a new (in its line) iPhone which doesn't sell too hot (Verizon themselves acknowledge that sale numbers are below expected) and which doesn't have Flash on it.

On another hand Froyo does support Flash. So it is purposely withdrawing Froyo update from any possible phone in its lineup in order to bump up its iPhone sales.

Please tell me that I am wrong with that.

0 Likes