I can not stand for BING
mmiranda215

I would love to know when it is possible to uninstall BING from my phone, it's HORRIBLE!!! I want Google, this is a android phone it should have Google. Who's the brainac behind this. When is the update to Android 2.2 with Froyo coming?? Can anyone from Verizon answer this question, and don't say it's the manufactor, because Samsung says it's you! This phone is AWESOME, but it will be even more AWESOME if I can replace BING with Google.

0 Likes
Re: I can not stand for BING
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you have google. the only time you get bing is when you choose to use bing.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hhhmmmm i never see bing

google maps, google home page in browser

ect ect

just dont use the search box thats there, or the search button

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

From what I have read and seen Froyo will allow Google Search to be used, however Bing will still be on the device due to contract agreements with Microsoft.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Any info when we will get the Froyo update???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, no.  The official word has been silent.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

nickjr wrote:

Any info when we will get the Froyo update???

officially? when people stop asking every 5 minutes when it's coming.

unofficially? it's been out.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Well the latest rumored release date for Froyo is now Feb 22nd. http://phandroid.com/2011/02/08/rumor-ea17-for-samsung-epic-4g-coming-feb-21st-fascinates-froyo-feb-....  Anyone holding their breath?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hhhmmm, thats not the fascinate, out model is sch-i500, an our build is currently ea28, but anyway it wil lbe here when its here

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There was a line in the article that rumored the fascinate might get froyo on Feb 22. Not holding my breath though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes