Re: I can't answer / pick up incoming calls...
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never accused you of not wanting my calls to be answerd. I'm not blaming anyone or getting mad. I'm just trying to figure my situation out. It appears others have this too.

I am not using a 3rd party voice mail. I use Verizon's voice mail.

My voice mail answers around the 5th ring...when it works. I guess that was a setting I put in 20 years ago.

My calls are not being forwarded. I have never used that feature. I understand that if a call is forwarded and the forwarding location does not have voice mail then it will never answer but again that logic does not hold when a call fails and if they call right back it works. If my calls were forwarded then they'd be forwarded for all calls until I cancel the feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear the calls aren't making it to the voicemail box. Let's continue to work and find out why your callers can't leave a message. Let's go ahead and restore the phone's settings. Here's a link that'll show you how to perform that. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16958/ Please tell me, do you use a 3rd party app for your voicemail?

VanetrisC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

You asked the same question a second time in an hour. Then I got the feeling that you don't understand the original problem so I went back to look at all the Verizon repsonses and they are all from different people. I'm getting a new person each time that then has to learn the problem. That's not going to work. You probably think that we NEVER get calls going to voicemail. That's not the issue. I don't want to work with a new perosn every 5 minutes. Each person has to start a new learning curve of the problem and apparnetly you're not going back to read it all and are not familiar with the details of the problem. I can tell you don't know the details and I'm not going to start all over again explaining this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry that this is an issue for you too, Saratish. Callers should not have to call you multiple times. Let's get to the bottom of this, and get your phone working as it should be. 

Can you please tell me when this started happening? Does this happen with all calls, or random ones? Please elaborate to better assist you. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

I answered all of those questions over and over again. You are again a new person that doesn't know what's going on and doesn't read the messages that led up to this. My last message was that I realized I keep getting a new person at Verizon each time and the questions are essentially repeats and then you read that and then repeat the questions again. How many times do I have to explain the situation. If you can't put one person on the case then go away. I could see if the case had to be transferred to another person for technical reasons but this is ridiculous. Stop asking the same questions!!!!!!!!! If I had 10 different post I had 10 different people at Verizon pretending that they want to help and starting with the same initial questions.

kozoma

My problem similar but not identical.

Since the system "update" last night, I am unable to answer phone calls by pressing the angled handset icon nor can I send those calls to voice mail by pressing the "hangup" icon.

HELP!!

0 Likes
Fallline
Enthusiast - Level 3

But, if you don't answer the call does it go to voice mail? If it does then you only have a interface issue. You just have to press different buttons. Mine is the call is lost because it can't be answered and it will not go to voice mail after even 100 rings. It just keeps ringing on the callers end.

0 Likes
JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am a new member to this party, same thing is going on with me. 

The phone is a Samsung J7v2

All updates have been done since I received phone

Did have a case and screen protector installed but problem persist even with both removed

Unable to answer random calls.  One time I can answer the call the next one has a problem

Calling party does not go to voice mail, as it continues to ring until they finally get a message that the call did not go through

Call forwarding is not active

The Samsung J7 will eventually time out and go to the home page and I can make calls like normal, unsure of what happens if someone tries to call back.

Calling party still hears the adubil ring on their end

Sarahtish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure when it started, as it doesn't happen all the time. This just happens randomly.  It has started to increase in occurrence, so I noticed the pattern.  I never know if I'll be able to answer a call or not.  I do not think it's actually my phone but a connection problem on Verizon's system since the calls do not go to voice mail...that's not something the phone is doing.  It just rings and rings and rings on the caller's side and I'm sitting here thinking I've answered saying hello to a dead line.  

JimaP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I highly doubt that it is the phone, it is happening to way too many of us. 

I only have one other line so I can not make a second test call as the first one sits in limbo land.  But a couple of times when I have hung up my land line when I was making a test call and then call right back to my cell it will go to voice mail. 

Come on Verizon techs, it is on your end we need some help here  

0 Likes