I damages the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, how do I retrieve the photos?
JakeDog63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I damaged the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and have a few recent photos that I would like to get from the phone.  The phone still functions however, the screen is dead.  How can I download the photos either to my computer or to verizon cloud?

0 Likes
Re: I damages the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, how do I retrieve the photos?
TravelingMomof5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I could help.  My screen is just fine and I've been trying to get the photos/videos transferred from my phone to computer for weeks. Even called Samsung and they said the only way I could do it was to load an App called "Smart Switch Samsung on both the computer and the phone. The problem is that I don't have enough memory to download the app on the phone (due to my photos and videos that I want to transfer to the computer).

Maybe you can go into the Verizon store and just have them transfer everything to your new phone?

Re: I damages the screen on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, how do I retrieve the photos?
JakeDog63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

For liability and virus reasons they usually do nit do that anymore

0 Likes
mimei

If your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 can be detected by computer, you can use Samsung Photo Recovery tool to retrieve photos from it. There are lots of such tools online, just search it online by yourself.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have your photos automatically backed up? If so, they may already be in the cloud.

What kind of computer do you have? Have you tried plugging the phone into the computer via the USB cord? A Windows computer should be able to detect it automatically. You would have to install Android File Transfer if you are using a Mac computer.

0 Likes