I have 4 bars then when i make a call i have 0 !
JackEmanuel

I have 4-5 bars of data connection in my home and lately when i try to make a call or go to voicemail, I loose the data connection completely i get the little circle with the line through it showing i have no connection!  This started about 2 weeks ago.  I don't receive calls either. I got a notification hours later that i missed a call and i cant call my voicemail without it dropping to 0 bars again!  I tried all the suggestions offered and nothing works.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have 4 bars then when i make a call i have 0 !
mewohkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue started happening for most people January 1st after Verizon shut down their 3g network. However they failed to update their meta switch that routes voice calls. Currently it is set to try to send incoming calls to your device by looking for what you're connected to or capable of. This means usually either 5g/4g/3g or Wifi calling. However since there is no more 3G, it instead dumps the calls to a voice mail box without ever ringing your device. The FIX for this would be for Verizon Network Engineering to work with IT to code a new rule for the meta switch to ignore CDMA/3G entirely.

Just for reference, what kind of device do you have? I have an s7 edge international so I can't use the secret dialer code to force it to LTE only. As I'm locked to LTE/CDMA it will continue not let incoming or outgoing calls intermittently as it tries to connect to a dead tower (CDMA transponder that is powered on but no longer gets a signal) OR it still has that tower data stored to it and tries to connect only to show a circle with a slash through it no service (CDMA Transponder node is powered down as well so no signal appears).

Possible solution for you if you have a verizon phone (not an unlocked or international model) you can use the secret dialer code to force LTE only. But this MAY still leave you without some incomming unless verizon updates the coding in their Meta switch. Otherwise keep your phone set to global with voLTE (HDvoice on newer devices) turned on and download booster turned on.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HiJackEmanuel! Our goal is to provide you the best experience. Please send me a DM and allow me the opportunity to assist you as you deserve.

>Alex

0 Likes
wwwverizon2

Similar problem. Been with verizon about 10 years.  I have a 4G unlocked prepaid samsung galaxy s7 phone with voLTE enabled, which was working fine till the day verizon shut down 3g.  Since then I'm unable to make or receive a call UNLESS I restart the phone each time.

I went to 2 different verizon stores and was online with customer service for over an hour; had a new sim card put in....didn't help.  The reps couldn't find any explanation,  all settings were correct, 4g, and voLTE enabled. They more or less shook their heads and suggested i needed to buy a new phone. (Again, this phone was working flawlessly till 3g shut down.).........

Since then, after reading on the forums and elsewhere, I've come to think that  verizon is not letting my voLTE work (voLTE required once 3g shut down )because my phone is unlocked (no, no one ever informed me about this.).....

I'm left to my own devices figuring out what to do.  Going to try to reach someone at verizon one more time on Monday, maybe this time get some relevant technical advice, though i doubt it now.... then try talking to a GSM carrier about whether my phone would work with them........Ridiculous mess and poor handling by verizon, imo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd love to address all your concerns and make sure your phone is connected. Being able to make and receive calls is always important, we'll be sending you a Private Note shortly, to further assist you!

*JoeC_VZW

Pro4589

I am experiencing the same problem. It is extremely frustrating. A month ago I had no service at all the switched to eSIM then this problem started. For periods at a time I cannot receive any calls then I try to make a call and I have no service. Then after a few seconds, service is back and I am able to make/receive calls but this only lasts about 20-30 minutes and I’m back to the same problem. I have wifi calls enabled and this doesn’t seem to help. Messages come through and this only seems to be happening with my Apple devices. I am looking into switching to another carrier if this is not resolved soon 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pro4589, we're sorry to hear that this issue has also been happening for you as well. I know how disruptive it would be if it were happening to me, and we're here to help find a solution. I'd like to start by gathering some additional details. How long after switching to eSIM did this issue reappear? Can you share the nearest cross streets and city where you experience this issue the most? How far away from this location must you travel before service improves? 

-Joseph

0 Likes
sarita0007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, this is the same problem I am having with my Verizon XR iPhone.  Very Frustrating.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your calls work properly. Please tell us, does this happen while being indoors? While being connected to Wi-Fi? When did this start? ~Geo

0 Likes