Re: I just started getting duplicate message on my Note 4.  How do I stop this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MyMadison, we always want you to reach out to us in the event that your device is not working properly. Glad to provide assistance again. The safe mode option was provided to diagnose the problem as all it does is temporarily disable 3rd party applications. I believe this issue is stemming from an issue with the software which leads us to two options for you. Try clearing the cache for the messaging application. http://vz.to/1XxSZV1 and if this does not work, try doing a complete master reset. Before doing the reset, please ensure you have backed up your phone's content. Click here for steps. http://vz.to/1Lbn9nI Keep us posted on the progress as we are here for support.
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I just started getting duplicate message on my Note 4. How do I stop this?
Nora-B

I've been having this same problem lately, and found the offending app:  Verizon's Message+.

I switched from Message+ to regular Message, and the duplicates stopped.

0 Likes
MyMadison

Hi Nora, how do I delete the message + app and just use the message app

from Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't delete a pre-installed application, but you can disable it or turn it off. Go to Settings > Apps > All apps tab. Scroll down to Messages+ and select it. Uninstall any updates, then turn off notifications and finally disable or turn off the app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nora-B

I actually did not delete it, and just chose that my default messages applications would be Message instead of Message+. So it is still there, just not being used.

0 Likes
MyMadison

Got it, thanks

0 Likes