I'm not receiving texts
bkelly2005

I've had my phone active for two days now. I have texted multiple people, some on verizon, some not, and I am not receiving any.  The only texts that I have had come through are my husbands, who is on the same plan; and the account verification from Verizon when registering my account online. Why am I not getting texts? People are receiving them.  I know this bc I've followed up with phone calls. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving texts
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off. Restart your phone. Turn ON airplane mode for a minute and then turn it OFF so your phone will refresh the network. If that doesn't work, power down, remove the sim card, reinstall and power back up - this also insures a fresh network and you can also make sure the Sim card is inserted correctly.

0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving texts
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

If your are using the Verizon texting system, try switching to the Samsung messages app and see what happens.  I was getting messages on Verizon Messages + that only said "download". When I switched over, messages came through. Don't know what caused the glitch, but it cured the problem.

0 Likes