Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
I'm not receiving texts
bkelly2005

I've had my phone active for two days now. I have texted multiple people, some on verizon, some not, and I am not receiving any.  The only texts that I have had come through are my husbands, who is on the same plan; and the account verification from Verizon when registering my account online. Why am I not getting texts? People are receiving them.  I know this bc I've followed up with phone calls. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving texts
MiiHere
Champion

Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off. Restart your phone. Turn ON airplane mode for a minute and then turn it OFF so your phone will refresh the network. If that doesn't work, power down, remove the sim card, reinstall and power back up - this also insures a fresh network and you can also make sure the Sim card is inserted correctly.

0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving texts
Mike8972
Contributor

If your are using the Verizon texting system, try switching to the Samsung messages app and see what happens.  I was getting messages on Verizon Messages + that only said "download". When I switched over, messages came through. Don't know what caused the glitch, but it cured the problem.

0 Likes