Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
Tidbits
Legend

- It may or it may not. Corrupted or incompatible cache gets reloaded if it is saved by Google backup. The Galaxy Nexus is the newest OS and you probably have old stuff that you don't use anymore that is cached and ia not compatible with ICS. Everytime there is a new OS update or upgrade I honestly do a full wipe, delete my Google backup, start over. The only real major problem I had was the Droid 3. Blue pictures(software issue with white balancing), and my backlit went out which was replaced. My Nexus has some minor bugs, which were fixed with the 4.0.4 leak. It still can be a network issue more than a phone issue. If it was really a phone issue than a lot more people will have this problem.

All I can say is try it. You have nothing to lose at this point.

0 Likes
HBinHB

Thanks. I'll try that.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Let me know if it solves your problem.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

BTW, Kelly, Verizon was the first to get the Nexus with LTE and CDMA.  The phone that was out earlier in other countries is similar yet totally different beast.

BTW, I've had some interesting problems dropping calls.  Lose all data and even voice for a bit.  Looks like when I use it at home I'll be running logcat.

~D

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I had Verizon replace my Nexus weeks ago with the RAZR.  That phone has worked pretty much perfectly.  Not one dropped call yet.  Clearly an the issue is with the Nexus as this phone RAZR) is also CDMA and LTE that I am using the CDMA setting on.  If that were the problem I should be experiencing with the new phone as well.  Verizon did replace it free of charge and threw in a 32 GB card to make up for the loss of space by trading to the RAZR.  In the end they ended up being great about the whole thing.  Just wish someone was willing to admit there was really a prblem.

Tidbits
Legend

No two towers are the same. You may have had trouble with the Nexus but not with the Razr. Yet someone on the other side of the country it would be in reverse.

🙂 there are so many factors it is a pain to troubleshoot it all without real world testing.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Many people are having this same problem with the Nexus.  I went through two phones and two SIM cards and the same problem occured no matter where I used the phone.  Had the problem in three different state, IL, KY and IN.  My Droid X used in all the same places, no problmes and now my Droid RAZR used in all the same places and no problems, I am sorry but with what I have experienced and the many others that have this same problem only with this phone says to me that it is a problem with the phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Maybe people are having the same problems with other LTE devices including the Razr. 🙂

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Maybe = Many auto correct...

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

That is just it, they are not.  I looked through the RAZR boards before I agreed to accept the phone, and while there are some bugs, didn't note issues with making and receiving calls.  There are numerous board with the complaints about the Nexus.  Shit the post on Verizon, not this one, has over 100 replies on it.  One of the androd forums did a poll and almost 2000 people responded that they were having the same issue with the Nexus.  There is a serious problme with that phone.  Maybe some dont experience the problem, but many are.  My RAZR has worked flawlessly in the call and internet department since I received it.

0 Likes