Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
Tidbits
Legend

It will say "Stop backing up... blah... blah.. blah, AND app data, plus erase all copies on Google servers?"

You see there?  This is WHY even in the dev community they ask you to TURN IT OFF when switching roms if you are having problems

0 Likes
Pcriz

Lol but you mentioned clearing the cache when loading ROMs. Im sorry but

google doesnt know the difference between GSM, CDMA, HSPA, when loading the

info back.

Also again i see you failed to include a link. Well damn I wish Google

Backup would restore the progress in my doodle jump.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Lol yeah your a soup sandwich. Im done dude you win the internet dude. Lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

OK if you clear the cache and such while not connected to Google, or do a factory reset without turning off as soon as you log in to Google services it will load.

Restore is ALWAYS ON by default. Do a factory reset and not log into you Google Account.  You will see it on. You log in it will load the cache.  This is why you turn it off BEFORE you log into Google services.

If you do a factory reset, CWR clear user cache/dalvik, or load a rom and log into Google services WITHOUT turning it off you are back a square one and it will load what you cleared every single time, and if problems persist.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

screenshot for reference... By turning it off it eliminates you getting bad cache or incompatible cache from loading onto your device when you factory reset, load a rom, or simple update.  There is always still a chance when you did your first initial backup the cache was corrupted during the process.

Screenshot_2012-03-06-17-38-34.png

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe it's human nature that when we're told something new and great is coming the only thing we want to know is "when" and "how much" and when its not delivered we want to know "why". The lack of communication from Samsung and VZW is what raised the anxiety level about this phone. I understand that things don't go as planned and delays happen. It's also the nature of the consumer that when they purchase something they expect it to work like it is supposed to. Personally I think it's pretty amazing our phones work as good as they do. Once again it's the lack of communication from Samsung and VZW that is getting the owners of this phone upset. We dont want finger pointing about who's problem it is or for contracts to get in the way of satisfying the customer. All we want is an acknowledge of the problem and a reasonable time frame for a fix. And if you can't tell us that then let us choose a new device without costing anymore money. Between my wife and I, we've had 4 replacements each. At this point I don't expect the new phone to be fixed, I replace them because it keeps Samsung and VZW on the hook. What would VZW do if everybody with this problem had there phone replaced 2-3 times a week. Would it get there attention? Communication and honesty goes along way with people.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google is the one in control of the Nexus Line. Samsung and Verizon have little control like people believe as this is a different device than a Galaxy S2(which is controlled by Samsung for all initial code). Nexus Line is always the starting point for all new code for better or for worse and Google controls all aspects in their Nexus Line.

0 Likes
Pcriz

What does that have to do with anything. Actually the carriers have a alot

of say. I mean that or you could buy your phone for 600 bucks.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that, but I didn't buy my phone from Google. 2 level 2 techs told me they can't do anything about it because it's Samsung's device. If we want Google to take ownership they should revert back to the Nexus One and sell it themselves. VZW accepted responsibility for this phone by putting it in their lineup.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Absolutely correct, this isnt a special case where no one can touch the

phone. Thats ridiculous. Thats like saying Verizon cannot help you with

your iPhone, take it to apple.

0 Likes