Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I personally dont believe that this problem is a 100% software problem. There has to be a hardware or network component. How could I have 8 phones with the exact same problem and somebody else has none. All my prones have been in various configurations. Problem came up even before signing into Google account.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Again that is not correct. So do you blame best buy when you TV doesn't work correctly? Your Xbox 360. Just because you signed a contract doesn't hold Verizon liable. It's no different than a car loan. Do you expect the bank to fix the problem of the car you chose? Verizon does more as a courtesy than an obligation.

If you have problems you need to go to the correct places to do it. Google doesn't have a number to call but they do have a help section and a bug report area. The more responses they get the better chance said bugs will get fixed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

that's exactly how it is with the iPhone. It hasn't changed. Apple sends returns to the carriers and the best place you can go for problems is Apple. I have quite a few of Apple products and that's how Apple does it. Takes a lot to be considered a "qualified" repair place for Apple.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Lol dude yeah well Im sure Mike has gotten all his returns from Verizon.

The equipment is supported by Verizon as much as any other phone, you buy

phones certified to be ran on their network so in order to keep business

they provide tech support

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

This argument is getting very old very quick because this is not the problem anyway.  If it were then the corrupted cache would be a problem on every phone that I turned on right???  I think....not even going to pretend that I know it all, but I did turn off the auto update and when I got my second phone, it didn't make a damn bit of difference.  Same f'n problems as the first one even with a new sim card as well.  Had the problems in three different states which kind of knocks out the server issue unless the server was bad in all three states and in about 7 different cities including Chicago proper and several of the surrounding burbs.  If you read the whole thread from the beginning you can see that many of these issues have already been addressed by many users without any success in fixing the problem.  I switched to a RAZR and no more problem.  G Nex sucks as far as I am concerned and it took Verizon and Samsung way too much time to admit there was even a problem and unfortunately for those of you stuck with this phone there still is no fix and you still can't make phone calls consistently.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Verizon doesnt "repair" any phone. They are a middle man for the

replacement process.

On Mar 6, 2012 9:46 PM, "Verizon Wireless Community" <

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I buy a TV from Best Buy and it doesn't right I do expect them to make it right and they have without question. I hold anybody that takes my money for a product liable. VZW didn't loan me money they took my money for a specific product that fails to work.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nothing like you are expected of them. Buy an iPhone on any network. Complain about a problem. They'll do the basic trouble shooting and if nothing works they'll send you a refurb from Apple and if problem persist they'll send you to an Apple Store...

Google does the EXACT same thing with their Nexus Line as Apple does. It's been that way since their ADP devices.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The courts say otherwise... They deemed it no different than buying a car. A lawsuit back in 1998 went all the way to the supreme court.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I,ve been on Googles forum and reported this problem. I recognize many names from here. But still after 330+ entries there is still no communication.

0 Likes