Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Ehhh, they laid out the terms and conditions when you signed that contract. 14 days to return, not able to exchange after that. Pretty much it. If you feel it's bad business, sell the nexus, pay your etf, and go elsewhere. DONE. The party who should be responsible does not matter at this point.

If you're wondering why you should have to do that, it's because it's your only option. And if you want to know what I would do, I wouldn't pester VZW about it or samsung, because I would try to fix it myself. I took on the responsibility of buying an advanced device with software that I would consider to still be the beta version. Sorry, I don't give consumers an inch when it comes to these things because there is always a way to fix it.

0 Likes
Pcriz

Lol yeah there is a fix of it ISNT a hardware problem.

Funny Verizon and Samsung didnt sell the phone as a beta.

Also it doesnt seem they are having an issue with the complexity of the

device as much as they are having an issue with it not performing as

advertised. So i don't see how that applies. Maybe if you bought a fixer

upper but Im pretty sure everyone bought a brand new phone and it should

work. And if verizon wants to keep customers happy (and usually they do)

they will keep working the issue however they can.

Not every person that buys an android phone is an android wizard. And we

wonder why so many people rather use apple.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunatley you're probably right in regards to the current business model in America. Just remember that if I ever come to you please tell me up front that I may or may not get what I paid for and that I may get screwed in the process.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Pcriz wrote:

Lol yeah there is a fix of it ISNT a hardware problem.

Funny Verizon and Samsung didnt sell the phone as a beta.

Also it doesnt seem they are having an issue with the complexity of the

device as much as they are having an issue with it not performing as

advertised. So i don't see how that applies. Maybe if you bought a fixer

upper but Im pretty sure everyone bought a brand new phone and it should

work. And if verizon wants to keep customers happy (and usually they do)

they will keep working the issue however they can.

Not every person that buys an android phone is an android wizard. And we

wonder why so many people rather use apple.

You have yet to prove it's a hardware problem with the phone.  I have yet to see something from you that proves it's a hardware problem...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mikem84 wrote:

Unfortunatley you're probably right in regards to the current business model in America. Just remember that if I ever come to you please tell me up front that I may or may not get what I paid for and that I may get screwed in the process.

It's common knowledge... It's been this way since the introduction of mass production...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mikem84 wrote:

Had original phone about 3 weeks then replaced with a new replacement. It wasn't until after about 6 weeks after doing research that we discovered this being well documented. Obviousley to late to do anything but have VZW replace phone again. I have never had any luck with " like new replacement". My last one very first call 3 minutes in audio stops. Was talking to VZW level 2 tech.

Then that means it didn't have problems out of the box...

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, it should work. Not debating that.

With android, you have to be somewhat tech-savvy to be able to understand it. Thats the way it is. I udnerstand a few people are having issues with it, yes A FEW, because a few hundred out of 10s of thousands is not that much. If you're so convinced that it is in fact a hardware problem, then sell your nexus and go to another carrier. That would be the fix.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never seen a product put to market that is considered to still be in beta testing. No ad, commercial, or store rep said or implied that this phone was so highly advanced and still experimental that the average person should not buy it. There also weren't any disclaimers in the packaging to that fact. This phone was put to market for the masses not just the development crowd.

0 Likes
Pcriz

The magic is Verizon didnt care. So all i have to do is say it doesn't work

poof money back or exchange.

0 Likes
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

You talk to any pollster and they will tell you that a "few hundred" people equals several thousand people. It's a science and a fact.

0 Likes