I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Not even sure where to start this nightmare, but I can see that I am not the only one.  I am on my second SIM Card and 2nd Nexus and the problems are not better.  I can't make or receive calls consistently with this phone.  Does not matter where I am or if I am driving or sitting stil.  Once a call connects, either outgoing or incomming, the bars all turn grey and its just a matter of minutes and the call drops.  This happens on almost EVERY call.  While I thought Verizon was being helpful, now I find out they were just being deceitful.  Acted as if this was not some ongoing issue, but I see several posts from acorss the country with the same problem, same fixes that don't work and the recommendation to hit ### send after each dropped call.  I can find posts as far back as mid-December.   This phone is great in so many ways, but honestly my overall opinion at this point is that is totally sucks the big one.  Now I am stuck with a phone that can't consististenly be used as a phone.  Verizon has not yet offered me a different phone, but WTF, I have bought covers (2), I paid 300 dollars to have ice cream sandwich and I am going to end up with a 300 dollar phone that is basically the same as my Droid X that I replaced with the Nexus.  Should have just kept the Droid X and not upgraded to this stupid phone. Galaxy Nexus you suck and so does Samsung and Google as well.  Verizon is also on my poop list at this point.  After almost 20 years as a customer you try to teat me like an idiot instead of acknowledging the problem.

Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
Tidbits
Legend

Sounds like corrupted cache.

detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never buy a phone when it first comes out for this very reason. Having the latest and greatest has risk to it, because you become the guinea pig. It is impossible for Verizon to fully test a phone in 'real world' settings because there's no way to test the equivalent of all the people that end up buying the phone. Some issues are only discovered after release. Always wait a month or so after release date.

Tidbits
Legend

Both versions of mine work great. This is why I say its corrupted cache. To go through two phones with the same problem... The only constant will always be apps, network, and user.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

1st of all, this phone did not just come out, it came out in several places and several months before it was released in the US and there were few bugs reported.  This bug was not one ever mentioned until after the Verizon release.  Second, don't blame the consumer for a poorly made and released product.  This type of attitude is exacly why companies think this types of problems and slow fix times are acceptable.  I am sorry, but I am setting the bar just a litle higher.  Also, I bought my Blackberry Tour and Droid X the day they dropped and did not have any problems with either of them so this does not have to be a constant issue when things are doen properly in the first place.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Can you explain the corrupted Cache thing a little more?  I am on my second phone and have had two SIM cards.  The phone had problems from day one before any apps had been installed on it. Can the corrupted cache travel to another phone on the SIM card?  Not trying to be a smart a**. I really want to understand how the corrupted cache occurs and if there is a fix.

Tidbits
Legend

Did I say it was you? No... I said it's corrupted cache... More than likely you keep reinstalling the bad cache using Google Backup.

The device was out less than 3 weeks to 1 month before release... It wasn't out months before it was released here.

Do you want to try and fix the problem or is it just one of those I need to vent?

Wildman
Legend

I am not tring to be evil or sarcastic but the device was reported to have activation issues before the devce was released and then you jumped on the device when it hit and did not expect issues..  How are you going to get upset after knowing before hand that tthis was a issue... 

This isnt no diffrent than the Bionic owners that experiance major issues after the device was basically rebuilt and redesigned before it was finally released, they couldnt get the bugs worked out of the device so they changed it with a limited tested product..

I just dont get what some is thinking..

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As soon as you log into Google services you automatically load your backup. You have to turn it off BEFORE logging into Google. It's a problem here and there with people and they always assume when they go through multiple devices that it's always the phone. When I get a new phone with an OS higher than what I had previously I always turn it off for 2 reasons.

1. Some apps have not been updated to reflect changes with the OS. Installing these apps may have an adverse effect. Their cache could do the same.

2. Cache may be corrupted or certain settings may cause conflicts which show up as "bugs" or things not working right.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Only the question about the cache was directed to you.  The other response was directed at the person who basically said its my fault for buying a newly released phone.  Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes