Re: I really feel betrayed by Verizon and this phone
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

So basically you are going to blame the consumer and make it acceptable for things to be released that don't work properly?.  The particular issue that I am having was not reported on the phone until it was released by Verizon.  I have purchased other phones at the release date and had few or no problmes.  And regardless, blaming me doesn't really fix my problme does it. And it certainly does not fix the fact the Verizon is not being honest with me.  If you have something helpful to offer please do. Saying its all your fault is not helpful nor accurate.  I am not being evil or sarcastic either, but maybe you need to set the bar a little higher for these companies and not just accept that its "expected" that phones are supposed to have bugs when newly released. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kelley was the Phone working when you left the store that's my Question if your having the issues you say you are. Take it back to the store an see if a Rep can get it working if not Escalate the problem to the Manager But make sure the phone is working before you leave the Store. If they can't fix it make them give you another phone. When you take the GX back make sure you have you have you Box & papers an expect a Restocking Fee!. B33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

So if I factory reset again and turn off the auto downloads it may fix my problem? Or do I need to start all over with a new SIM card?

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

The day I got the original phone I had difficulties with calls and signals.  I was told by Verizon that it would get better once the phone was on an running for a while.  Then I was told there were signal issues that would be fixed by an update.  Update did not fix my problems.  I am already on my second phone and second SIM, so already been returned once and I did not buy it at store, but online at Verizon.  This has all be going on back and forth for a little over a month.  At one point they were blaming the Network outages. This has been crazy.  I just want a working phone and I don't think that is an unreasonalbe request.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok! Well i wasn't for sure at first how you went about getting it at first.. you can however take it to a local corp. store were they can flash it back to New as when it came out of the Box an restart the process for ya. Give this a try since you've had this phone longer than 14 day's. One other thing do you have your Droid X to fall back on.. if you can't get this Galaxie to work.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Oh yes, I always save my previous phones for backup.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's Good Well give that a try what I or Tidbits or Wildman suggested an see if that helps. But Hopefully something can get going for ya I havent Delved in the 4G Equiptment yet i will probably get my little paws on one Soon but not real excited as we don't have it in our area were i live but it's not far away Wichita is about 39 miles away an The LTE out reach is Less than that so i could get one were i live or get one in Wichita an have some fun with the phone for a-little while before returning Home. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

KellyArens wrote:

So if I factory reset again and turn off the auto downloads it may fix my problem? Or do I need to start all over with a new SIM card?

Doesn't hurt to try.

hit settings --> backup & reset --> backup my data(turn on) --> Automatic restore(turn off) -- backup my data(turn off)

You can leave on backup so if this fails you will have a backup and your backup should be safe.

factory reset.

Skip the Google log in.

hit settings --> backup & reset --> backup my data(turn on) --> Automatic restore(turn off) -- backup my data(turn off)

You will not need a new sim card.  This is to ensure you backup isn't causing the problem.  If two devices, new sim card, and the backup checked and you still have a problem it's more than likely a network problem, or a bad install of 4.0.2 software.

There's one method to check, for a bad 4.0.2 install but I won't explain this one as it's a little more advanced for most users, and requires working with Fastboot flashing.  This is something Google/Samsung has to do as Verizon tech reps or techs would NOT be allowed to do.  If they tech does this then he is liable on his own discord.

B33
Legend

Good suggestion Mr. Tidbits B33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Please forgive me if you felt I was blaming you completely, I was just pointing out that there was complications posted before and on release day about issues with the device but so many wanted the device or ICS that they would choose to buy the device still but get upset because the issues was on the device...

Have you tried removing the device from any case you have on it?  Samsung always had weak reception but never any thing like what you reported, are you using any power manager applications because these sometimes cause issues.

0 Likes