ICS 4.0.3 update for the Galaxy Nexus?
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering when the 4.0.3 update was going to be made available to Verizon customers who have a Galaxy Nexus. My phone has signal and connectivity issues, and the keyboard in landscape mode varies from decent in speed to downright sluggish, to the point where I can type an entire word and it takes about 4 seconds for the word to appear on the screen. I have to reboot it almost everytime I turn off wi-fi because it can't seem to lock on a 4G or 3G signal. I love the phone in general and ICS especially. I bought the Galaxy Nexus because of Verizon's network coverage and because Google Nexus devices are ususally the first to get software updates from Google. My phone has been replaced once and this one has the same issues. If those items could be fixed, the phone would be near perfect.

0 Likes
Re: ICS 4.0.3 update for the Galaxy Nexus?
Tidbits
Legend

That's entirely up to Google...

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

4.0.3 has been out for weeks to devs and I'm running it right now.  Unlock your bootloader and get cracking.  It's well worth it.

~Dave

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Officially the source has not been released for the Galaxy Nexus. There is already 4.0.4 already in the works and quite possibly we'll get that without Google ever releasing 4.0.3 source.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Uhh, I can download the source for 4.0.3.  It's in the repositories.

~D

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The SDK is not source...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually I stand corrected... I tried a few times and couldn't get it... NOW I am getting it...

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Cool.  There's quite a few ROMs out there based on 4.0.3 also.  Running Gummynex myself.

~D

0 Likes
kecker
Enthusiast - Level 1

LOL, well at this point there are quite a few 4.0.4 ROMs despite it technically not existing yet.

0 Likes
yzf600
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just unlocked the bootlaoder and updated to 4.0.4, it is a big improvement from what I have seen for only just updating a few hours ago.

0 Likes