IMM76Q
DoritosBandit

I've the articles I've read only mention replacedments coming with that. So has IMM76Q been offically pushed out to all Nexus phones and what does it do?

0 Likes
Re: IMM76Q
Jimmah555
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update available on Google's servers (and being pushed to some) is test build JRO03O, but it doesn't have the framework for VZW's proprietary apps like My Mobile, etc. The update has new radios, which may or may not improve on some issues some users are experiencing, and it also upgrades the Android version to Jelly Bean (4.1.1). Tons of cool new features will be available, like Google Now. The radios are a huge deal for some users, as they have major issues with reception. Here in Las Vegas, the network is amazingly fast. HUGE upgrade from TMO, which I had for 8 years prior to 8/9/2012. Why did I wait so long.........

0 Likes
DoritosBandit

I wasnt talking about the JB build that leaked yesterday, IMM76Q I believe was leaked/pushed out at the end of July. It was rumored to nerf the search features on the phone but cant really say if that's true or not. Im still on IMM76K(4.04).

0 Likes
Jimmah555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh sorry dude. I misunderstood.

I got two new GNEXs on 8/9 (one for the wife too), and both were IMM76Q. I

didn't notice my search being any different than the HTC Sensation I had on

TMO with ICS.

On Aug 29, 2012 8:36 PM, "DoritosBandit" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DoritosBandit wrote:

I've the articles I've read only mention replacedments coming with that. So has IMM76Q been offically pushed out to all Nexus phones and what does it do?

I have never replaced my Nexus and I have IMM76K.  The phone says it is up to date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am 99.9% sure IMM76Q was never pushed.  The only people who have a phone with that build that I know of are people who received a replacement phone.  I am thinking the when the Galaxy Nexus was banned by the courts IMM76Q was developed to eliminated the features that were the reason for the ban.  My assumption is that a batch of factory replacements were updated to the next build if the banned was upheld they could still perform warranty replacements and not hurt Verizon's relations with Apple.  Since the ban was lifted by the appellate court I am thinking the build was never pushed (why eliminate features if you do not need to), and the next build they will push to all phones is probably the Jelly Bean build..... eventually.