Re: If you just got a Galaxy Nexus... READ THIS NOW
DarthHelmet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well of course the forums for the provider of a device would be full of complaints, questions, and issues experienced with their devices.  Why would I bother coming to a support forum to sing a devices praises?

Support forums, like this one, are like an intervention. Nobody shows up because everything is working A'Ok, they show up because there is a problem and somebody needs to be made aware of it.

I would go there if I was having an issue to see if it has already been addressed, see if there was a feasible workaround, and/or if the provider was playing the blanket deny, pass the buck, or playing dumb game.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's my point, but the poster is arguing that everyone should return it because s/he sees a bunch of negative reviews and issues on forums.

0 Likes
DarthHelmet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I honestly can't blame them.  If I was buying a Galaxy Nexus today it would not under any uncertain terms be a Verizon Galaxy Nexus.  If you want a Galaxy Nexus, or any GED/Nexus device for that matter, buy it directly from Google or WiFi only.  The Verizon, Sprint, any other CDMA/LTE carrier version is a KIRF knockoff at best. The more hands you have in the process the worse things get since not only do all of them have to shake and agree to get anything done, but as soon as there is a problem is all the more fingers to point at somebody else as the cause of the problem.  I've had my Gnex for around 6 months now and if I new then what I do know for how badly Verizon could f' this up I would have never switched to Verizon to get a GNex.

Tidbits
Legend

Verizon didn't F anything up.  If you understood the process...  Google lied from the start by saying all of them would be treated the same.  From the start CDMA is different in terms of development than GSM is.  JBQ knows this...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I suspect by "broken" the OP means "doesn't have Jelly Bean"

Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

Funny you should say that.  If people actually paid attention to technical specs and how things worse they may never buy certain devices due to the process on how they work.  Would save people tons of headaches like the one you are having now...

Why do research when it's easier to complain afterwards how you were a victim of evil greedy corporations and their "tricks". Research would be work and that's hard. Also I would have to take RESPONSIBILITY for my choices. I can't deal with the knowledge that most bad things that happen in my life are MY fault.

cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

by broken i mean gets shish for service compared to other verizon phones  in the same room, lower download speeds, and a failure rate of 50% on calls.  <<removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
elef
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a ton of research before I bought my phone, as much as one can do pre-release. I was left with the dilemma of purchasing a Bionic on release day or waiting for the VZW Nexus. It seems like either would have been a bad decision, tho. Admittedly I went with the worse of two bad options, but I was desperate to ditch the last useless phone (Samsung Continuum). Its just a bad idea to buy a phone too close to launch in general and a bad idea to buy anything but an iPhone from Verizon.

I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I do understand being kicked between the legs repeatedly. I will make sure not to make the same mistakes again. I don't blame Verizon, I blame myself for choosing Verizon.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Next time you go to your unfriendly, over-selling neighborhood Verizon store, ask how many reps at that store have a Samsung smartphone as a personal device, and you will get the picture.

0 Likes
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

just went tonight, they recommended ever getting any samsung phone.   nice

0 Likes