Increased battery drain after February 21, 2023 update
Jskeith7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Increased battery drain after latest software update.  How do I get this update uninstalled.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Increased battery drain after February 21, 2023 update
Jskeith7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the Smart Switch app to backup my phone then reset to factory.  My Galaxy S22 works as good as new.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dave158
Enthusiast - Level 1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! Our goal is to provide you the best experience. Please send me a private note and allow me the opportunity to assist you as you deserve.

>Eduardo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important for the update to help your device work better and not drain the battery at an increased rate, Dave153. Let get more details, so we can look into your concern. What is the exact make and model of your device? Are you using many apps in the background with this issue happens? Please let us know these things as we look into your battery concerns. 

-Ed

0 Likes
Jskeith7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the Smart Switch app to backup my phone then reset to factory.  My Galaxy S22 works as good as new.

0 Likes
Ghostfox2322
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an S22 also and I'm having the same problems with mine. Had to charge my phone 4 times yesterday. It's ridiculous. Also, it gets so hot I'm scared it's going to burn my hands. 

Deborah Green
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your device working well at all times and would like to take a closer look into this, Ghostfox2322. After an update, we would recommend ensuring all apps are up-to-date and powering the phone off and back on. Are you using the charger that came with the device? How many hours does the device stay charges for before it has depleted a full charge? What is the device being used for on a daily basis? -Danielle

0 Likes