Introducing the Samsung Fascinate!
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Turn up the intensity on your entertainment.

Introducing the Samsung Fascinate™ with a  brilliant 4” Super AMOLED™ touch screen display!

Buy one get one FREE for only $199.99! 1st phone $299.99-$100 mail-in rebate debit card.

Additional phone $100-$100 mail-in rebate debit card.

New 2yr activation & $29.99 data package required per phone.

Click here to learn more!

0 Likes
Re: Introducing the Samsung Fascinate!
Medic960

I was going to buy the fascinate. I will never buy an Android phone that will only let me use Bing as the default search engine. It is garbage. And my contract is up in December. Keep it up and I'll go to AT&T for the I-Phone. Hope all others do the same.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Let's get this straight...this phone only hass 384 MB of RAM memory vs 512 MB on all other Galaxy S devices. It is locked into Bing vs. Google on all other Galaxy devices with tons of Verizon bloatware added on the top of the Android OS.

The GPS problems are still there just as some of the other Galaxy S devices and Samsung not in a hurry fixing that. If that would be for Apple, people would be jumping out the windows (btw, I am not Apple supporter or owner of iPhone). CNET just reported that GPS on Fascinate is very unreliable. One moment, it is spot on, another moment, it is pointing you five blocks away.

There is also no strong commitment from Samsung to upgrade Fascinate to Froyo (no surprises there) just promises to have it done soon(?!). I liked expression of one of the posters on Phonearena, it reads..."soon" could mean something happening in a second or just after end of the world.

In conclusion, CNET acknowledges that even though Fascinate may look better than other Galaxy S devices, but due to a heavy modifications done by VZW to Android system, they are not recommending this device but is rather recommending Droid X. Laptop Magazine is also gave Fascinate 3 out 5 stars (Droid X is 4 out of 5). So even with SuperAMOLED screen Fascinate couldn't beat Droid X.

And those are just a few points why VZW offers it by BOGO. Without that offer this phone wouldn't sell nearly as well as Droid X or Incredible (that is why those phone were out-of-stock within days of begging of their sale).

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

It is about darn time that Verizon releases this phone!! I am curious,will the Fascinate have 2.2 already on it?

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

yeah but sounds like verizon has  turned thier version of the galaxy s in to a watered down device i mean seriously why would samsung allow them to put such a leash on this phone (blocks of several apps from the market all together  i.e. googlemaps etc.) way to go verizon we pay top dollar to use your network and have not freedom to what we want with our phones :smileysad: maybe the droid pro  or  merge or hell the htc evo version  will be less restricted, htc is generally good for consumers rather than deep tie ins with the providers....

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

No, it doesn't have 2.2. It comes with 2.1.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

you know...  Instead of complaining about it on a forums, best to talk with your wallets.  If you really want a Samsung your way go elsewhere.  It'll do 100x more than to complain about it in a forum.  That always boggles me.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

yeah well i guess we thought that maybe just maybe they'd care about what their  customers have to say ...who know  but u dont have to read   anything on these pages so it boggles me why people pay attention to things they dont care about? ive been a customer for over 5 years and its not a choice for me to go elsewhere im in a very isolated town and no other carriers work well out here i just dont get why verizon wouldnt treat thier customers sometimes like sprint has been throwing down giving great phones recently and verizon has been much of the same +all the the throttling it does to devices which is just sad loosen up and do us a favor big red and im sure your lead as top carrier would get even bigger instead i hear more and more people leaving and being left wanting more from you as a cell provider .....just dont get it

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got mine this morning. This phone is a beast. Can't keep my eyes and hands off of it. FYI, You can download Google Maps from the Market. And its pre-loaded with Google Voice Search with is almost the same as the google search widget that is unavailable on this phone. Sorry but you are not going to find it(Google Search Widget) in the Market but there are ways around it. And yes it does have 512MB of ram but it doesn't show it all. Some of the ram is dedicated to video. I compared it to the Vibrant and they register the same number of  Ram. But Please don't let google search stop you from buying this phone because like i said , you can download google maps with no problem and works flawless  and it has google voice search which in my opinion is almost the same as google search.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

When you open up the stock browser and type a search query in the address bar, does it use Bing?  Can you change that?

0 Likes