Re: Introducing the Samsung Fascinate!
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Medic960 wrote:

I was going to buy the fascinate. I will never buy an Android phone that will only let me use Bing as the default search engine. It is garbage. And my contract is up in December. Keep it up and I'll go to AT&T for the I-Phone. Hope all others do the same.

Well, unfortunately Verizon doesn't have to "keep it up" they've already done it.  So, don't buy it.  Get an X, an Incredible, or wait for the next android phone. 

Or, Jerry Mcguire, as you say, go to Att and get an iphone...who's coming with you??  But you really should think about that before you do because you won't have google search widget either as a default!  So you really still won't get what you want.

The fascinate is a beautiful phone and I may make my wife upgrade to it.  Once 2.2 is released you can search for the google search widget, it isnt "blocked or hidden" from view on the Fascinate, it just isnt available on market w/ 2.1.  I searched on my X with 2.1 and then re-installed my 2.2 upgrade and there it was.

Dj

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

Great people wanted the iphone? Here it is.. oh wait this phone is BETTER than the iphone lol. You can use google maps, it comes PRE LOADED with bing but like any other android phone it can be changed. {Keep it Legal} I still think the incredible, droid x and droid 2 are better tho. For the person going to att. Good luck getting the kind of custom things you can do on a droid to an iphone LOL

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

reallyniceguy wrote:
Great people wanted the iphone? Here it is.. oh wait this phone is BETTER than the iphone lol. You can use google maps, it comes PRE LOADED with bing but like any other android phone it can be changed. I still think the incredible, droid x and droid 2 are better tho. For the person going to att. Good luck getting the kind of custom things you can do on a droid to an iphone LOL

Can we say that the phone seems to have endless cool features?

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

fun fact for everyone....wirefly.com has this phone for 99bucks right now with new and upgrade contracts i found it after bestbuy wouldnt honor my 1 year upgrade and i didnt want to have to wait on verizon's instore upsale mailin rebate....just a heads up

0 Likes
gsp10
I'm Sorry to disappoint you all but the fascinate still doesn't have 2.2 hahahahaha
0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Thats pretty funny, life is good!!!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes