Is anyone else experiencing the 4.4.2 nightmare?
UnmitigatedDawg

I can barely get through 5 minutes of phone use without my phone randomly popping up with the restart screen?  And once it happens once, the frequency of this occurrence increases until I start getting that pop up screen every 30-40 seconds.  It makes it almost impossible to even type a text message.  Similarly, my phone randomly turns on to the screen lock entry page.  Even when I'm across the room.  What an absolute failure of an update!  How very disappointing, Verizon...

Does anyone do any trouble-shooting prior to these (almost) mandatory system updates?

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else experiencing the 4.4.2 nightmare?
WaitingForMyContractT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  Since this last update my phone is fried.  The best Verizon would offer is for me to call Samsung and complain because "all Verizon does is provide the towers, we have nothing to do with the equipment".  So they told me to reset to factory, which I finally did in desperation.  All that did was wipe out all my pictures and cause a whole new set of problems. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UnmitigatedDawg lets make sure you can fully enjoy your device! Has there been any changes to the device outside of the update since these issues began? Have you recently added new apps to the device?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I am experiencing the same thing. Its weird it will not happened for while, then it will happen 5 times in a row. I have soft restarted it. Hard restart and finally factory reset and it still does it.

0 Likes
KitKrap

The KitKrap update is a bad bad thing. Phone wont charge and poor customer service from VZW. Luckily my contract is up so I am saying good bye VZW. Can You Hear Me Now!!!!

0 Likes
LongTimeListener_1stT

I am having the exact same issue as the OP - restart screen ("phone options") starts popping up, and it used to be that I could shut off my screen manually by hitting the button on the right side of my S III, but now it only gives me the restart screen, and even when my screen goes off on its own, it keeps re-activating randomly.  Battery life has been destroyed, and I've tried all the tips already - none of this happened before the Kit Kat update.  Screen scrolling also seems to glitch and lock up randomly, then a few seconds (10 to 15 seconds, usually) it starts working again.  Very frustrating!

0 Likes