Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Is there a way to access your device without your backup password after being locked out?
Misterwest
Enthusiast

Somehow this morning when I woke up, I was on my last fingerprint swipe and it didn't work and so I am currently locked out of my phone. I don't remember my backup password and Verizon is saying that the only thing I can do is reset to factory, which would lose everything. Is there any other way to do this without losing all of my stuff? Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to unlock your phone once you've been locked out and you've forgotten your backup password without having to reset back to factory defaults and lose everything?
Snn5
Legend

Using a Samsung account that has already been set up:  Find My Mobile | Samsung Content & Services

Or try this:

Connect USB

Open KIES

Let the KIES waiting the screen unlock

Ensure choose the correct device, unlock the screen.

Done!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to unlock your phone once you've been locked out and you've forgotten your backup password without having to reset back to factory defaults and lose everything?
Snn5
Legend

Using a Samsung account that has already been set up:  Find My Mobile | Samsung Content & Services

Or try this:

Connect USB

Open KIES

Let the KIES waiting the screen unlock

Ensure choose the correct device, unlock the screen.

Done!!!!!

0 Likes
Misterwest
Enthusiast

thank you so much! it worked!

Snn5
Legend

Yay!

0 Likes