Issue with calendar and recurring events and alarms
DanH57

I just got a Samsung Fascinate, and I was trying to set up a recurring event with an alarm.  When I tried to save a monthly event, it told me that the alarm had to be set to "none" or "on time".  Is there no way around this with this calendar app?  And if so, is there a calendar app that allows this (and will sync with my Mac calendar)?

0 Likes
Re: Issue with calendar and recurring events and alarms
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Yes you would have to set it to "none" or "on time" its required.  We do not have software to Sync phone with MAC. 

0 Likes
hitmeister

This restriction makes the calendar application useless to me, and it means that I'm going to have to return the phone.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

I have to step in here...

1) Must I set "None" or "On Time"

- In order for the Calendar to fire an Alarm, it must know what time to fire the alarm. In the event of an All Day Event, it will go off at 12am. The option for "Repeat", below the "Alarm", states the frequency of the event (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, etc). So to set an alarm that fires once a month, set the TIME you want the alarm to go off (Make sure "All Day" is unchecked if you want a specific time), then choose "On Time" for the "Alarm", and one of the several "Monthly" options for "Repeat". If I missed something in what you were asking, please let me know and I will do my best to more directly answer your question.

2) Calendar cannot sync with the Mac.

- Not directly. However, your phone automatically syncs with your Google Calendar, set up if you create your account. If you so choose, you may export your iCal calendar, import it into your Google calendar, and then use your Google calendar (http://calendar.google.com) to manage your agenda. The changes sync automatically with your device.

Once again, I hope this shed some light on things. To the Verizon rep who originally answered this question: I have no intention to bash you, however please bear in mind that your opinions and comments will always be held in higher regard than mine, so if you choose to answer a question, please try to solve the problem as opposed to just answer the question. I have experience with all manner of devices and operating systems, from WebOS to BB to iOS to Android, and I believe this phone has the best hardware coupled with a solid operating system in TouchWiz, and I don't want to see people frustrated with these devices by questions that get nothing more than, "You can't do that" answers from the people that are expected to support them.

0 Likes
jiggaboo

I have a question as well about the calendar regarding the "All Day" setting. I have noticed that my phone's calendar will go off the day BEFORE my scheduled event when it is set for "On Time." That does not make sense to me....can anyone explain this? Is anyone else experiencing this too? Again, this only happens if I set it for "All Day."

0 Likes
schristi69

Well now that is a stupid solution for a poorly designed application.  To get the reminder to fire I have to enter the appointment time earlier than the meeting?  That will really help me get to meetings on time.  Maybe google should quit telling us how they want things to work and fix this POS calendar app.  You cannot do reminders on recurring appointments PROPERLY.  Timezones do not resolve properly when syncing with Outlook.  Synced recurring appointments in Outlook get hosed.  You force me to use a sync app that does not work and requires me to put my stuff on Goolgle instead of having Activesync functionality.  Try supporting your customers instead of trying to move us to something we do not want.

0 Likes