Issues following 4.3 update
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

I just want to make a few observations of what I have experienced after the 4.3 update.  I cannot successfully connect to WiFi networks following the update due to a "weak signal".  I also could not recharge my battery using a wireless connection due to overheating and no change in the charging status (not a problem previously).  I also have noticed that my flash will discharge for no apparent reason periodically.  While I understand that with updates there are unforeseen issues, I want to give my personal observations.  I look forward to a fix as no WiFi means I am using a lot of data.

0 Likes
Re: Issues following 4.3 update
SkywiseXI

I am having the same issues.  It appears, from a Google search, that these were issues that caused Samsung to pull this update previously.  Bad thing is that it will most likely take Verizon a year to put out an update to fix these issues.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-halts-shambolic-galaxy-s3-android-4-3-update-50012792/

0 Likes
Issues following 4.3 update
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

I wanted to update my post regarding update issues following the release of Android 4.3.  I was experiencing several problems including inability to connect to WiFi, random flash discharges as well as increased battery drain.  I did a hard reset over the weekend and every problem listed above was resolved.  I can now successfully connect to WiFi and my battery life is better though not perfect. 

0 Likes
bcswa

Can you help me understand a "hard reset"?  is this the power options restart, or a Wipe and Reset ?  Thanks for the help in clarifying how to do a "hard reset"   thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A hard reset or factory reset deletes all of your data and settings and restores the phone to the way it was when you received it.

Hard Reset - Samsung Galaxy S® III

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

I didn't use physical buttons to do the reset but instead did a factory

reset through the settings menu. I backed up all data prior and everything

is still working well.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

So when you do the back up and reset, what does it actually back up?  I have not done the update, but if Samsung pulled the update then why am I able to get to the update on my phone?

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

I used a standalone app to backup my program data. Everything else I backed

up to Google. If you can see the update on your phone, you should be able

to update to 4.3.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

JRLittleJr wrote:

I used a standalone app to backup my program data. Everything else I backed

up to Google. If you can see the update on your phone, you should be able

to update to 4.3.

Stand alone app?  So not the factory back up and reset option in settings?  So if the update is still available , is it the update that still has issues and SHOULD I update or wait for the fix? I have not read where they resent a new update.  But they say they pulled the last one. And thanks for your time. I am fairly literate with these phones but there are A LOT of insider tricks and apps and IT knowledge that is beyond me. 

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Since I did the factory reset, the phone is working well. No more issue

with WiFi and unexpected flash discharges. Only you can make the decision

to update, but I am happy with the phone since I upgraded.

0 Likes