It's 2/25 and Froyo is here
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Just got the Froyo 2.2 update and it is great I can multitask talk while driving eating and on the web and is so fast. I love verizon and Samsung for making such a great phone and coming through with the update we have all been waitig for.

Oh my god I just woke up and found I was dreaming and guess what- NO FROYO AGAIN TODAY

0 Likes
Re: It's 2/25 and Froyo is here
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Froyo for Fascinate is not a dream, it's a mirage.

The reason why I am saying it...dreams are at least have tendencies to become realities but mirage on another hand is wish that you cannot make happen because it is not realistic.

I lost my hope with Froyo ever making to Fascinate.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's such a beautiful mirage though 

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

@PJNC284

I understand that your technical knowledge and willingness to explore unknown is above and beyond many of the regular Fascinate users. But most of Fascinate users are not wishing to root their phones and simply demand for corporate responsibility.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I agree that you shouldn't HAVE to, but the option is there.  Saying it's not realistic and you can't make it happen is almost as false as those "promises" the reps made

0 Likes
Re: It's 2/25 and Froyo is here - Samsung Complaint Line Phone Number Attached.
jcj2

I had a fascinating discussion with a Verizon customer support mouthpiece a few days ago about the total software support failure for this device.  His claim is that Verizon has zero influence over Samsung and software updating and VZ is merely an innocent bystander who plays no role at all.  What about the delays for coding in buggy VZ Bloatware and Binging?  Silence.  Gee, that must all be Samsung's idea!

In addition, it is Verizon's official position as stated that so long as you can make calls and get overcharged for SMS service that ANY other phone feature that doesn't work is a Samsung problem, not theirs.  Their software breaks your Wi-FI?  POP mail won't push?  GPS won't lock? Other features you thought you bought don't work?  Too bad Bunkie, call Samsung, because Verizon couldn't care less.  File enough service complaints and you can trade your hardware for a recycled phone of unknown provenance and history with the same software problems as the one you turned in.  Lather Rinse. Repeat.  Noting that I bought a Verizon branded device from Verizon, not Samsung?  Tough luck kid.  Better luck next time.

The idea that Verizon has no responsibility or ability to influence Samsung is laughable.  They resell a bazillion Samsung devices a year and are one of sammies single largest customers - they could get all the response they need with a single phone call that says - we are not ordering any Samsung devices until your software support gets fixed!.  Done.

The VZ rep also claims that Verizon is not ordering any more Fascinates, just selling out stock, so from that you can figure that support is about to go from abysmal to none at all (at least from official channels).  Thinking about buying a Fascinate?  Run away!

In the meanwhile, the Official Samsung Complaint Line Number is 888 987-4357.  Call often.  Call loudly.  Call repeatedly.  Personally, my plan is to never buy another Samsung anything.  Make sure they know that you feel that way as well.

0 Likes