Re: JELLY BEAN?
Tidbits
Legend

This is exactly why they are hush.  Just look at manufacturers and what they do since that time.  There are always two sides of the spectrum.  The extremes are always the most vocal and sue happy.  I shown you a few devices that set president of what could happen if manufacturers are more transparent.  It doesn't bold well.  If they keep their mouth shut with something other than it's coming they save themselves the trouble of going through litigation as there is no grounds for one.

Verizon doesn't manufacturer the device, and ultimately it's up to the manufacturers to fix what problems arises and if Verizon finds something it's up to Samsung to fix it.

Think about it for a minute.  Who do you blame when the update doesn't work right?  More than likely Verizon even if Verizon didn't do the software, nor the hardware.  You can see it all over any carrier board.  It's always the carriers fault.  So if I was a carrier I would be strict about what updates happen too... 

0 Likes
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont care about jb as much as i do the radios.  if its hardware then verizon should tell us and give us store credit or let usget our upgrade back.

0 Likes
JELLY BEAN?
Tidbits
Legend

That would be up to Google. Why are you holding special treatment when you wouldn't when let's say your Xbox 360 gives you problem when you bought that from Wall Mart..

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits, you are obviously a paid Verizon employee. We hold Verizon responsible since on december 15 I paid over $1000 for three Verizon Galaxy Nexus phone and have paid and continue to pay them $300 a month.  Now do you get it?  If Verizon feels wronged by Google or Samsung and since Verizon Pays Samsung THEN Verizon should take it up with them and not me.  If I was paying Google or Samsung every month, I would gladly contact them.

JB is awesome.  All people have to do is watch a You Tube side by side comparison of the new Voice Search vs. Siri and S Voice to see what they are missing.

Yesterday, I googled the hours for my neares Costco on my laptop.  As soon as I got in my car, my Jelly Bean device already had traffic and navigation information on my phone for me.

Stop defending the company WE do business with and stop telling US who to be upset at.

VERIZON HAS FAILED MISERABLY WITH THEIR NEXUS DEVICES AND NO AMOUNT OF FORUM POSTS BY ITS EMPLOYEES POSING AS CUSTOMERS CAN CHANGE THAT.

we do however appreciate your insider information throughout this forum.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you care to wager to the fact I have never been employed, get incentives, or have ever applied to Verizon. I say the same thing on all carrier and manufacturer boards. I must be a multimillionaire working for them as well. Such an easy job... Sarcasm aside. Seriously you can check my financial records, my job history, and my service records. Just someone points to a real rational thought you have to attack a persons possible employment? I think a lot of people news better and new material.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

FYI if I worked for Verizon I should have been fired long ago. I have suggested to a lot of people I'd Verizon's prices and services are not working out for them they should look elsewhere as that's something I would do. There shouldn't be any loyalty to anyone but yourself when it comes to your money...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have mine and paid the same. I knew going in thy Google lied from the start that it would be treated the same. I even posted about it weeks BEFORE the device was released. Google/Samsung are the manufacterer of the device and they could have been straight forward from the beginning. The reason I knew they lied was because of the differences between other open OS' like Symbian when I used to code for those. There was always a licensing issue.

0 Likes
tanukihat

The issue is not with Samsung or Google. They desperately want their new

operating system on their top phones because it reflects on them as

manufacturers and OS designers. The issue is with Verizon.

0 Likes
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

<< Content removed due to the explicit nature of the link given. >>

Please read and abide by the .

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Tidbits
Legend

Ask JBQ(lead developer for android) about how CDMA licensing differs from GSM. Then ask him about the signatures and how they are handled.

0 Likes