Kies Connectivity Problem
mcneguy

So I install Kies and it tells me that my device is not supported.  It is the newest version of that software.  Looking around the net I am not alone in Kies connectivity problems with Samsung Galaxy S phones.  Has anyone successfully made this work?  This is how the Froyo update will be done so it is imperiative that it work properly.

I give the phone about 80%, great screen, excellent call quality but little things like no led (the NoLED application really does work though), Android 2.1 on a brand new phone?  There is a 2.2 upgrade but you must use (as I understand it) the Kies software which clearly does not work for a great deal of people.  I am just days away from replacing this with a Droid X if this cannot be resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Kies Connectivity Problem
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the reason kies doesn't work yet, is because it isn't compatible yet (like it tried to tell you). no worries, a compatible version will be getting released when we need it to update the phone, but this is a new phone, let's not forget this.

a couple (serious) questions, 1. why not believe te software when it told you it wasn't compatible, and 2. why do you NEED to have kies before the update is released?

0 Likes