Re: Kiss Froyo or any other update for Fascinate goodbye
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

someyoungguy wrote:
all anyone here wants is a reason why other carriers in the u.s have froyo on the sgs phones and we dont, just answer that instead of the blame game and the run around, who is sandystorm? why would this user have our froyo answer, maybe they are on the inside with the answers we want I highly doubt it

there is one galaxy s for tyhe rest of the world, the i9000. it has the same hardware all across the i9000 range. so to update everyone else's phone only requires coding for one phone. in the US, we have our own versions. all of them are different from one another, and from the i9000. this means coding for 8? additional devices. add tpo that froyo doesn't like CDMA radios, and you have your answer.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

M91-30 wrote:

froyo doesn't like CDMA radios 

No it doesn't.  But then again Eclair wasn't the greatest on my device either when it comes to the radio. Have you tried the new  EC01 yet?  I tried the modem only over SC, didn't really see any major difference.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Android in general wasn't written for cdma devices.  That's why the RIL code on pretty much all cdma android phones looks like a drunken monkey programmed it

0 Likes
Samsung Intercep
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
If you own the Samsung Intercept and it just so happens to be with Virgin Mobile, today is your lucky day! Reports have been coming in that some lucky users are being prompted for an over the air update that will bump the Intercept to Android 2.2 Froyo. Upon completing the update, you will notice [...] http://www.androidgod.net/2011/04/12/android-2-2-froyo-rolling-out-today-for-samsung-intercept-on-vi...
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intercep
sandystorm

nickjr wrote:
If you own the Samsung Intercept and it just so happens to be with Virgin Mobile, today is your lucky day! Reports have been coming in that some lucky users are being prompted for an over the air update that will bump the Intercept to Android 2.2 Froyo. Upon completing the update, you will notice [...] http://www.androidgod.net/2011/04/12/android-2-2-froyo-rolling-out-today-for-samsung-intercept-on-vi...

well it dont matter about what phone they give Froyo to because they are not putting it on the Fascinate because the phone wont work good with it and they are tired of all the complaints. It's done, it's over lets just get new phones that support a better OS

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

sandystorm wrote:
lets just get new phones that support a better OS

So which Verizon store do you work at ?   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
sandystorm

SFObrien wrote:

sandystorm wrote:
lets just get new phones that support a better OS

So which Verizon store do you work at ?   :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry but I do not work for Verizon or Samsung I just have connections and personally I just want the people to get on with their lives and forget about a phone that will not get updated for certain reasons

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

sandystorm wrote:

Sorry but I do not work for Verizon or Samsung

I don't either but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night !

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I'm on the mesmerize kernel.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

M91-30 wrote:

I'm on the mesmerize kernel.

Who's ROM are you using?