Kitkat update
Vicram83
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update is horrible! I hope they fix all the bugs!! Im having problems with my phone...I press the home button and my phone does not respond at all...if it does it doesn't let me put my password in.  It's like it's frozen and will not let me do anything.  I just received a call and ended it and tried to get back on my phone and it did not let me!!! I feel like I have my old phone again ..that's the reason I upgraded to a new phone!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help make sure your update only improves your device cgsch! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Have you had the opportunity to try a factory reset? Is this is Galaxy S4 or an S4 Mini?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
cgsch

I am having the same issue after the update.  I'm not one to go on forums but this has been so frustrating that I need to vent.  I was at my daughter's sports event today and I couldn't get past the password screen either.  It took me over 20 minutes and needless to say, I missed out on taking some precious pictures.  The keystroke lag time to enter the password is so slow that it times out.  And then the phone becomes non-responsive and I have to flip open my cover 5 or 6 times to get the password screen back.  A horrible vicious circle. And then there is the mobile data icon showing arrows up and down constantly.  It looks like the Andoid OS is pinging something constantly.  I've had to turn on restricted background so it does that only on wifi, otherwise I can't imagine what my bill would be like.  I am just a basic cell phone user, just needing access for a call, some texting and an occasional picture or two.  I can't imagine what the heavier users are going through.  Going to do a factory reset soon.

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

The Factory Data Reset is exactly what I would do.  Make sure when you do it, you do it from the Recovery menu and not the Settings menu.  Back up what you want to keep, the FDR will wipe your phone.  The stuff on the SD card should be OK, but anything on the phone will be wiped - even the apps.  Once you have signed back in to Google the apps should begin to come back.  Do the procedure on WiFi with the phone either plugged in or with a full battery.

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
Vicram83
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the advice! I reset it last night and so far so good..I will cross my fingers! Now the only thing I'm having problems with is my google play...for some reason it will not let me log in...it says there was a problem communicating with google service...it's been like that since last night...any suggestions?

0 Likes
gpjfh84
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will try again how can it be stopped. They know all about the problems but want stop it. Is there any way for me to stop it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help make sure your update only improves your device cgsch! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Have you had the opportunity to try a factory reset? Is this is Galaxy S4 or an S4 Mini?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes