Enthusiast - Level 2

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS UPDATE?  IT SUCKS

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LOST PUNCTUATION BAR IN MESSAGING AFTER JELLY BEAN UPDATE & OTHER ISSUES
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

cynindesign - i went in and tried aggressive and most aggressive and no change.... BUT ,,,,then I turned it off completely AND ,,,,the punctuation bar came back!   I am soooooooooo   HAPPY......  Thank you AGAIN! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you mean this one?

Screenshot_2012-10-03-07-05-07.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO...it was on the bar where the autocorrect spelling words come up right above the touch screen keyboard and you do not have to shift any keys to use it...it is touch screen and it has ?  ! and some others and they are now gone and I have to shift for every punctuation and it sucks and the autocorrect doesn't auto correct...just gives suggestions which I have to touch to correct.  I type documents all day and this is just not going to work for me

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think I see what you mean. You can long press the period in the meantime to get the pop up shown instead of the shift key. I will investigate to see if I can find a suggestion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I personally haven't used out of the box android keyboard since before froyo.....

Try in the auto correction "space bar and punctuation......" change the default from modest to aggressive or very aggressive and see what that does.

You might have better luck in the android forums for Nexus: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/ for apps:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/

Ann let me know that there was this discussion so I copied the info and deleted the message.....not thinking I got the forum links and wiped out my info.  try A1 type the top row of the keyboard has a row you can toggle between arrows, #'s, or punctuation.

Ann, or someone, if you have a copy of all those keyboards, could you paste it in?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have an email with your message, Cyn, but it doesn't have any web links in it. 😞

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm I meant just copy and paste the different keyboards I've used, I didn't paste any links into that one

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Copied from my email as it was deleted from the other discussion.

Cynindesign wrote: Well I'm a keyboard junkie.....I started using apps before froyo also.  I like A1type, Swift Key, Type Smart, Smart Keyboard Pro, GoKeyboard.

Or in your old android keyboard long press the keys at the top and you'll see #'s.  I don't think android keyboard ever displayed numbers at the top

A1 has top key row that can be arrows, punctuation, or numbers w/ a key at the end of the row to toggle back and forth.....swipe up or down to make the row appear or disappear.

Smart Keyboard Pro has a keyboard much like a pc and symbols built in long press of the letters

SwiftKey ditto

TypeSmart & TypeSmart Beta 2.0

THE 4 ABOVE HAVE SO MANY LAYOUT OPTIONS TO LIST.

GoKeyboard same set up but has NUMEROUS skins to change, when I'm in the "pink" mood, my skin is not only pink w/ white pokadots in the background, but when I type, the letters popup w/ a bow also, LOL, talk about girlie.  Like colors and themes, Rambo, you name it, GoSMS has it.

0 Likes
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

cynindesign - i went in and tried aggressive and most aggressive and no change.... BUT ,,,,then I turned it off completely AND ,,,,the punctuation bar came back!   I am soooooooooo   HAPPY......  Thank you AGAIN! 

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ann :O)

Well MaryBee, I'll have to try that setting and see what you've been hollering about, glad I could accidentally help, LOL

0 Likes