LOTS of issues with Fascinate...worst phone ever
KCNC06

I got this phone as the BOGO when my sister bought her Incredible 33 days ago, I previously had a Motorola Droid...big mistake on this "upgrade". I've had problems with it from day one. On day one I was unable to make or receive phone calls until after I restarted the phone several times. I should have taken the phone back and exchanged it the next day but I just didn't have time. The unresponsive screen issue making it impossible to make calls continued. The sound quality was terrible, sounded like a blown speaker. I rarely had good WiFi or cell signal in areas where my Droid got excellent signal (still does, my husband has my beloved Droid now). Unable to load web browser pages. To resolve the unresponsive screen or lack of signal I would have to restart the phone...when the phone restarted it started beeping. "Beep, beep, beep" *pause* "Beep, beep, beep"...on, and on for several minutes (literally, it would beep for 5+ minutes everytime it started up).

Finally, about 25 days after purchase I called *611 to talk to tech support about the issues I was having. I was told that none of these issues were coming up as things that others had complaints with, it sounds like I just got a faulty phone and I could either have them send a replacemnt out to me or I could exchange it at the store where I bought it. I went back to the store I originally bought the phone from and exchanged it. Six days into Fascinate #2 (31 days after the original purchase) I'm having some of the same issues. No signal, unable to load browser pages without restarting the phone and the "Beep, beep, beep" cycle upon restart. The beeping continues for 5+ minutes, the only resolution seems to be turning the volume off.

Has anyone else had any of these issues? If so, what can be done to fix any of these problems? Is there any change Verizon would let me trade this in for a completely different phone? (NOT another Fascinate!!)

0 Likes
Re: LOTS of issues with Fascinate...worst phone ever
oneobserver

SO far my Fascinate has been relatively reliable. The only issues I have had were related to installing some bad apps. The one that caused the most problems was Tricorder. Have you tried uninstalling any additional apps you may have carried over from your Droid? Add things back in one at a time until you identify which one(s) is/are causing you the problem.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3
It has to be one of the applications u downloaded. I've had my phone 4 two months now and have no problems with it @ all other than email. I agree that u need to do a system restore. And load Happy one by one to eliminate the problems. No doubt in my mind that its something u installed on it
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

If you are using a Task Manager Application, try removing that application, or changing its setting on the device.  Review the applications that you are using and remove applications that may be conflicting with the phones operation.  Power the device off then remove and replace the battery. Then dial *228 send and option 1 on the device. 

Replacement devices are usually issued for manufactures defects and are usually the same model depending on the circumstances. 

0 Likes