Re: Letter to Tom Pica
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

the latest rumor is that its the carriers blocking froyo on the us galaxy s devices

samsung wants to be paid for the update, per the contract they have.

but the carriers think its too much, or should be free.

at least thats the rumor

0 Likes
glitcheffect7
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the topic of Verizon not giving Froyo updates - does Verizon have any control over this? I thought this was an issue with Samsung?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

both control it

samsung creates it, sends to vzw, who tests it/makes changes/ sends it out

or something like that

0 Likes
historyteacher
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a class action law suite that has been filed against Samsun and T-Mobile for failure to update the T-Mobile version of the Galaxy S phone to FROYO. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The thought is that T-Mobile and Samsung are witholding the update in order to entice people to buy the neww\er version of the phone which comes with GINGERBREAD snd is suppose to be a 4G phone.

0 Likes
Lizz50

Hi     If you can find it you may check page 26 or your contract buried in second to last parargraph. Verizon Wireless is not bound by any information sales representatives, other documents, or customer service representatives. Sad but true!

Lizz

0 Likes
Badpesta

I am a new customer and am appalled with Verizon Wireless Customer Service. I cannot believe how horrible it is.  The reps give out wrong information, making one spend countless hours trying to resolve a problem.  And the manner in which they speak to a person is horrible too.  I have flat out been lied to, misinformed, etc.  And when I called and asked to speak to a Supervisor, the supervisor treated me rudely as well.  I never received an "I am sorry for all of the hassle and inconvenience you have experienced, etc".  Nothing.  I even had a normal rep represent themselves as a Supervisor when they were not. 

I was a T-Mobile customer for almost 11 years and I recently switched to Verizon only because my entire family has Verizon. I never should have switched because I never had a problem with T-mobile's service, reception, costs, etc (I AM CERTAIN THAT THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE IS GOING TO BE EDITED OUT).  I made a terrible mistake switching over to Verizon and I will be switching back as soon as my contract ends because I do not see Verizon Wireless Customer Service getting any better.

KellyD

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Badpesta you must be rude and nasty to them because I have been with Verizon for 9 years and always found them to be the most friendly workers of anyone i have dealt with on phone or at store. I am nice to them and they always are good to me and yes they do make mistakes but it always works out for the best,. Try being kind and you will get kind and sure they sometimes dont have the answers to all our problems but they do try.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

bigfrank69 wrote:

Badpesta you must be rude and nasty to them because I have been with Verizon for 9 years and always found them to be the most friendly workers of anyone i have dealt with on phone or at store. I am nice to them and they always are good to me and yes they do make mistakes but it always works out for the best,. Try being kind and you will get kind and sure they sometimes dont have the answers to all our problems but they do try.

This has been my experience in spite of everything..

0 Likes
Badpesta

No, I was not rude.  However, I wish I were rude, therefore, I would feel better for the way they treated me (sad face).

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I find it amazing how if a person here relates a story about poor treatment, being lied to, polite letters being ignored that somehow it is all their fault because they were rude instead of nice. Someone went as far as to mention a "page 26" on a contract that apparently absolves Verizon of any responsibility for lying employees, how many pages does this contract you have with Verizon have in total? Where is this contract that you sign located? I did not sign any paper released to me that contain more than 2 pages.

Why is it so difficult to believe for those of you that are happy and satisfied with Verizon that this company is ignoring those that are dissatisfied? Why should I care what other companies do or don't do for their customers. It is the responsibility of the company that takes my money to keep me informed and answer my questions. If that is not the case...vote with your wallet. That is the American way. Arrogant multi-billion dollar corporations have been brought to their knees before, what makes some of you here think that Verizon cannot fail?

0 Likes