Lines on the Screen!
mystupidphone

I've had my facinate since November of last year, it was fine until 2.2 and then things bogged WAY down and the battery life went to crap. I see that's a fairly common problem. Not too long ago I had  an issue where the phone thought the charger was a computer, and wouldn't recognize the charger while the phone was on, so I turned it off and charged it, in the morning it would not power up. The guy at the store connected it to the power cord and it powered up, but an hour later I watched the phone's screen burn up right in front of my eyes, it would not recover.

So, after I talked to tech support they sent me a "new" (refurbished) Facinate, YEAY! Now after only a week the same lines that began to appear when the stupid thing burned up on me come and go, AND yesterday morning I awoke to find the screen completely burned out AGAIN, this time all I had to do was pull the battery to get it going, however I had to go all day with 10% battery, that's not what I call good service, it's not what I call a good phone, I'm not impressed......

It has been a decent phone, I've really enjoyed it, however having two phones of the same make giving me the same problem, and obviously I'm not alone on this one, with no solution from technical support other than the possibility of a $200 fee if they deem it workable, I'm stuck with a phone that works from time to time, just enough to not take the risk of sending it in and having it not replicate what it's doing for me.

Anyone else in this boat?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lines on the Screen!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

I understand your concerns and frustration in this matter completely. Have you updated the device to the ED05 software version? I realize that this is a replacement device, and the update is rather new, so it may not be loaded into the phone. Please follow the steps below to check for an update to the device, as this may provide you with a resolution.

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select About Phone (have to scroll down)

Select Check for Updates

Additionally, here is a link that explains the benefits of the update, as well as the steps.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

Please post back to this thread with the results. We are committed to making sure you have a working device.

Thank you and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

I understand your concerns and frustration in this matter completely. Have you updated the device to the ED05 software version? I realize that this is a replacement device, and the update is rather new, so it may not be loaded into the phone. Please follow the steps below to check for an update to the device, as this may provide you with a resolution.

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select About Phone (have to scroll down)

Select Check for Updates

Additionally, here is a link that explains the benefits of the update, as well as the steps.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

Please post back to this thread with the results. We are committed to making sure you have a working device.

Thank you and have a good day!

0 Likes
df78

I am absolutely in the same boat! The store was offering to replace the phone and I later find out from the tech supervisor at the call center that if I send the old phone back and they deem it functional that I will be charged a $250 fee.

Verizon stopped offering the phone for sale this week because they can't get it to function right, but we need to worry about sending the phone back to them and getting charged if they can't duplicate the problem in a few minutes of testing.....

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, you're right, I don't see the Fascinate for sale on the website. Maybe they've quit selling it due to the upcoming release of the galaxy S2....

0 Likes