Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Looking for a WiFi printer that will work with my Nexus WiFi hotspot
cmac15151

On a recommendation, we have bought an Epson NX530 WiFi-enabled printer.  It does not work with the WiFi hotspot feature of my Galaxy Nexus.  The support tech at Epson suggested that we get a WiFi router rather than trying to use the Galaxy Nexus.  I told her that I would rather trash the NX530 and get a printer that would work with my phone.

So we have 3 questions:

1) does anyone know how to make an Epson NX530 work via the Galaxy Nexus hotspot?

2) does anyone know of a different WiFi enabled printer that works with the Galaxy Nexus?

3) does anyone know if the Galaxy Nexus is inherently unable to work with any WiFi printer?

Thanks,

Craig

0 Likes
Re: Looking for a WiFi printer that will work with my Nexus WiFi hotspot
Not applicable

This website should be able to assist you.  http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/forum/galaxy-nexus-help/8520-wifi-printing.html   I use an app called Printhand from the Google Play Store for my Android tablet and smart phones. I have a Canon  Pixima 3220 that functions great. I also have a higher end HP Envy D410a that also works great with printhand.  The Canon is cheap at BJ's at $40 when I bought it. The HP is about $269 at Staples and other outlets.  Good Luck

0 Likes