Loosing Network connection
Margotsha

I lose my network connection daily. This means that once I eventually notice, I have to do a hard restart (shutting down, taking the battery out, and restarting). Once I restart, it sometimes lasts for days or just 5 minutes. This is extremely frustrating! Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it without having to keep taking the battery out?

0 Likes
Re: Loosing Network connection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does switching to Airplane mode for a minute help?

Are you in an area where 4G hasn't been deployed yet or could have any planned expansion of the 4G LTE network? I notice when I have network issues that they usually announce a network expansion within a month of the problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Margotsha

Nope, we've had 4G here for a long time. And Sure I can try switching back and forth with airplane mode, but that goes back to a temporary fix, which I'll have to do again in a few hours when it happens again.

0 Likes
NYNan

Having the same problem in New Orleans.  Sometimes I just loose connection in the middle of a conversation.  And I know I'm not is a dead zone, the coverage is good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for letting us know about the problems you are having with your data connection.
I don't want a band-aid on this any longer!
Are you able to determine when this problem began?
It would also be helpful to know what software version you have on the device.

Go to Settings>About Phone>View build Number

Does it affect calls or just the data?

I look forward to your reply in order to help us get a resolution for you.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Margotsha

Thank you Tamara,

The build number is JRO03O. This effects just the data, I can still receive calls. I think it started happening last fall (September/October 2012), bue I can't remember exactly when. THank you!

-Margot

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

this happened to my GN. Signal would go grey and only reboot would resolve. Being under my 1 year warranty VZW ended up swapping me a replacement Galaxy Nexus device. New Galaxy Nexus is working great!

0 Likes